*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Utah Jazz are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer with a love of basketball and typography to join their creative team. As a senior designer at the Jazz you'll take charge concepting & executing brand materials and campaigns for use across all touch points of the brand, including on the court, in & outside the arena, social channels, and more. You will collaborate with and lead other members of the creative team to create both printed & digital assets for use throughout the season & offseason. Your portfolio should show capability within multiple design disciplines as well as varying visual directions. Please apply through the external link.
*APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Concept and execute designs & guidelines for use across the brand & it's platforms
- Help to develop & work within the brand language, while simultaneously pushing the guidelines when & where it's appropriate
- Work closely with the Art Director & other designers to develop & implement new ideas
- Create reusable solutions for repeated design needs
- Identify gaps in current assets, and suggest alternatives
- Manage your projects through to delivery
- Engage with the full creative team to share research & new ideas
- Keep up to date on current design trends
- Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of previous experience as a Graphic Designer, or a body of work that reflects an equivalent experience
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is required
- Multi-disciplinary, comfortable working within various print & digital formats
- Strong foundation in typography
- Capable of executing visual direction from the Art Director and/or Creative Director, as well as giving direction to other designers, motion designers, and editors
- Detail oriented, and capable of executing quickly under tight deadlines
- Comfortable multi-tasking and pushing multiple projects forward simultaneously
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to account for games on nights & weekends
- Motion Design experience with After Effects, Cinema4D, etc. is a plus
- Knowledge of basketball and the NBA is a plus
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.