*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
The Help Desk Tier II technician role provides a career growth opportunity. You will be working for a company in an exciting and fun industry. Working for the Utah Jazz will allow you to work with other well-known companies such as the Salt Lake Bees, Jazz Gaming, The Zone Sports Network and The Salt Lake Starts.
The Help Desk Tier II technician is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software for the Utah Jazz. This role responds to phone calls, tickets, chat and walk ups to resolve problems and implement solutions. You will work closely with your peers and be part of a fantastic team. When you encounter issues that extend beyond Tier II, you will need to escalate and work with the appropriate teams to resolve them.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Computer maintenance throughout the lifecycle of equipment (Procurement, deployment, inventory, management, protection and disposal) This includes Windows, Android and Apple products
- Handling the Jira service desk tickets and meeting the SLA’s defined by the business while giving support and guidance to Tier I Technicians
- Managing applications which directly support end user desktop environments
- Project management for new system and process deployments
- Supporting the event driven nature of the Utah Jazz by working weekends, holidays and events as well as taking shifts on the on-call rotation
- Communicating with computer users on status of issues and understanding the needs they have in relation to technology
- Installing computer images in compliance with company policy
- Exceeding the expectations of end users while resolving their technology issues
- Solving technology related problems and bringing issues to a successful and timely resolution
- Training staff in proper procedures and proper use of systems, software and hardware to ensure conformity, stability and simplicity
- Assist the Help Desk Manager in maintaining proper expenses for IT equipment and services
- Support business applications such as Jira, Google Workspace, Zoom and Adobe products.
- Document IT procedures and build/update documentation in Confluence
- Consolidate and simplify any systems and processes where it makes business sense and where efficiencies can be gained
- Write standard Processes and Procedures
- Embrace a culture of inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued and heard.
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Cultivates innovation – Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages complexity – Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Strategic mindset – Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
- Tech savvy – Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
Interpersonal savvy – Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- HDI Certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience, or equivalent, working in a help desk environment
- Prior experience working with Jira is desired but must have experience with ticketing system and Help Desk tools
- Proficiency with Windows, MacOS, IOS and Android
- Highly organized to keep Help desk tickets up to date and closed out in a timely manner
- Experience in hardware, software, and network troubleshooting, or equivalent training and/or education are necessary
- Customer service training and/or experience are beneficial
- Ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner
- Customer interactions should be handled with diplomacy and tact
- Individual should be able to gauge the customer's technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner
- Requires considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary
- Ability to learn and support new and fast-changing technologies
- Familiarity with a wide range of standard office automation products
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including overtime, with minimal notice
- Ability to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally
- Demonstrable ability to observe, inspect, estimate and assess
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Must have valid driver’s license with reliable transportation and be able to get to the different Utah Jazz properties when needed
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.