*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Application Architect plays a key role in the design, analysis and configuration of enterprise software systems to increase the efficiency of the company end users. By evaluating enterprise software systems, they make updates to applications branding, make recommendations for better use and develop product prototypes. They will also be responsible for building integrations between software suites to improve efficiency. Must have a high level of technical expertise, excellent planning, coordinating and communication skills. Must have the ability to work across teams, departments and with partners.
*All full-time and part-employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated by October 8, 2021 (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks since your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state). Determines corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Understands emerging technology trends, disruptions and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable evolving business and operating models.
- Translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives and documents all application architecture design and analysis work.
- Analyzes the technology industry, competitors and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Provides deliverables like standard definitions, reference models and architecture designs to help the business assess the impact of new and ongoing technology investment on the business and IT estate.
- Acts as a consultant on a broad range of technologies, platforms and vendor offerings to drive targeted business outcomes.
- Embraces a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued and heard.
- Enriches lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories.
- Operates with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams and guests.
- Other duties as assigned
Tech savvy - Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
Drives results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
Communicates effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Cultivates innovation - Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Plans and aligns - Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study or equivalent experience
- Experience working with API integrations between multiple applications
- Minimum of five to eight years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical or infrastructure architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or cloud development
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms and processing environments
- Good understanding of strategic, new and emerging technology trends, the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Good understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies and roadmaps
- Experience delivering presentations to senior-level executives and technical audiences
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.