The Group Experience
Providing the Finest in Sports, Entertainment and Community Leadership
Senior Account Executive; Global Partnership Solutions with Phoenix Suns in Phoenix · AZ
Phoenix Suns jobs
Sports Jobs in Phoenix · AZ
Administration/General Management: General Management/Profit & Loss
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Senior Account Executive (SAE) is responsible for the generation of new corporate partnership revenue for the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, and Legends Entertainment District properties. The role will collaborate with prospective and current partners to develop, pitch, and close solutions-based marketing partnerships via of media, signage, promotions, digital, print, suites, tickets and all other Team marketing asset sales.
What we need from our SAE:
The SAE will generate revenue through the sale and renewal of corporate partnership relationships and develop strategic new business relationships locally, regionally, and nationally. They will effectively qualify leads, while maintaining an active pipeline of potential business opportunities.
They will demonstrate a clear understanding of the partnership sales process – including but not limited to prospecting, needs analysis, proposal development and creation, negotiation, and contracting. They will help lead marketing partner programs in cooperation with members of the Activation staff, ensuring the appropriate and timely activation of these programs.
They'll also continually lead and update individual sales pipeline through CRM platform to provide accurate, reliable information for sales and renewal forecasting for executive leadership. This position will also require consistent and effective collaboration with multiple departments in a positive and respectful manner.
Our Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- Experience in developing, pitching, and closing six and seven figure partnerships
- Experience in presenting to Sr. Management Teams
- Ability to quickly develop understanding of marketplace on both a local and national level
- Positive relationships with senior level marketing executives at relevant marketing corporations located in or doing business in the market
- Working knowledge of media/advertising buys to communicate value of sponsorship vs. pure media as a marketing solution
- Strong interpersonal leadership abilities, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- A creative salesperson, able open doors and a demonstrated track record for closing innovative sponsorships and reaching targeted quotas
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to problem solve
- Strong understanding of MS word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and lead projects/tasks simultaneously
Candidates must Possess:
- College degree- BA/ BS or equivalent experience
- Local candidate or strong familiarity of Phoenix market preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in sales
- Preferably experience will be with a professional sports team or league
What can you expect?
This role works in an office environment but will need to attend games and other events on evenings, weekends and holidays based on business need. Due to the nature of business needs and industry, you must be comfortable in a crowd of people as well as loud environments and must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Travel will occur on rare occasions (<10% travel). Trips may require air travel and/or overnight accommodations for one or more nights. This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Experience Preferred 5
How did you hear about this job?