The Group Experience
Providing the Finest in Sports, Entertainment and Community Leadership
Graphic Designer - Phoenix Suns (Phoenix · AZ)
Phoenix Suns jobs
Sports Jobs in Phoenix · AZ
Administration/General Management: General Management/Profit & Loss
A Graphic Designer is responsible for assisting with the conceptual, creative design, and production of material requested by departments across the entire Suns organization. Requests consist of digital and print collateral, and will include but not limited to; social media, sales collateral (digital and traditional), invites, mock-ups, arena signage, logos and more. Motion graphics experience is preferred but not required.
The Graphic Designer will collaborate with his/her team, the broader Centercourt Studios team, as well as cross functional marketing partners to develop visual branding assets as needed and briefed in.
Centercourt Studios serves all cross functional marketing teams, the ticketing and partnership groups, Phoenix Suns Charities and the broader organization, providing assets distributed internally and externally across social, broadcast, digital, earned media, paid media and in-venue. This artist, contributor and team leader must have a firm grasp on the artistic, technical and storytelling aspects of this role. Understanding of the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, the NBA, WNBA and its culture is essential.
What You Will Do:
- Work with Creative Director, Associate Director, and Strategic Planners to understand business objectives and departmental goals of assigned key stakeholders
- Design collateral as requested from start to finish and deliver on required timeline
- Clearly share timeline and expectations in conjunction with the completion of all creative needs
- Assist in other creative duties as assigned
What We Need From Our Designer:
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Ability to brainstorm creative ideas in a small group setting
- Ability to take direction from others
- Ability to understand business objectives and goals and prioritize tasks to meet said goals
- Professional in appearance, attitude and attire
- Understand Typographic, layout, composition, color theory and information design principals
- Photo manipulation; resize, crop, add/remove objects, color correct
- Knowledge in designing static & animated ads for web, social, email, etc.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook); Adobe Creative Services Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects); Apple Mac OSX platform
- CMYK Printing Processes & Production
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, or similar field is preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in graphic design.
Additional eligibility requirements:
- Associate Designer’s work in an environment where top level closed-from-public projects are being worked on, therefore all designers must adhere to a strict NDA regarding top-level business and basketball operations projects
What You Can Expect:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position maintains regular/traditional business hours with some evenings, weekends and holidays as business needs arise.
- Travel may require air travel and/or overnight stays for one or more nights.
- Work indoors, away from the elements
- Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible about of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Ability to work and communicate in noisy environments
- Capable of Public Communication, including public speaking
- Ability to judge distance
- This role is computer based and will require extended periods of time working in front of a computer screen
- Capable of distinguishing colors and shades of color
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- Ability to respond quickly to sounds/alarms
- Ability to see and respond to dangerous situations
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Speak publicly
- Interpret data
- Ability to read, write & speak in English
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.