The Group Experience
Providing the Finest in Sports, Entertainment and Community Leadership
Game Night Staff - Phoenix Suns (Phoenix · AZ)
Phoenix Suns jobs
Sports Jobs in Phoenix · AZ
Administration/General Management: General Management/Profit & Loss
Individuals who comprise a crew that assists the Basketball Communications staff for all home games during a season. The two to four-person crew will work in unison with the Basketball Communications staff to provide media with information throughout the game, record and transcribe postgame media availabilities with Suns and opposing team’s coaches and players and assist with game night setup. This is a part-time, game-night position.
What You Will Do:
- Assist with game day setup of the media room, credential table and media seating areas
- Run box scores and any additional pertinent game day information to media members and broadcasters working the game
- Record and transcribe postgame media availabilities by Suns and opposing team’s coaches and players
- Assist with running the credential table for each home game
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance
What We Need From Our Teammate:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with fellow members of the game night staff and the Basketball Communications Department
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and remain flexible in the event additional game night duties are added
- Must conduct self in a professional and objective manner, especially around coaches and players
- Must be able to take direction and apply directions quickly and effectively
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience working on a game night staff fast-paced sport on the professional or collegiate level is preferred, but not required
- Previous experience interviewing coaches and athletes at the professional or collegiate level is preferred, but not required.
What You Can Expect:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and occasional holidays as the NBA schedule dictates
- Indoor work
- Must be able to work in large, condensed crowds with loud and sudden noises
- Vision and hearing requirements
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.