Security Shift Supervisor (Full Time) - Detroit Pistons (Detroit · MI)
Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission!
Security Shift Supervisor is responsible for the leadership and management of a specific security team within the Detroit Pistons organization. Delivering quality service with internal and external guests through excellence in standards, presentation, and professionalism.
Plan, coordinate, and direct activities such as patrol of the physical property, monitoring system response, and personnel. Disseminate information to the Security Team with regards to Post Orders, revisions, and daily event/non-event needs.
Maintains compliance for Detroit Pistons policies and procedures through regular on-site evaluations. Responds to incident of crime that occur in the area and participates with local law enforcement agencies in the investigation of such incidents.
Provide regular updates to the Security Management team on performance, coaching, recognition, and daily shift operating information.
We are looking for a team member with a positive, upbeat attitude that can lead and connect with a diverse population!
Include the following as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Directs and supervises Security Officers and shift operations including the review of Security Officer reports and approving same, responding to critical incidents, notifying appropriate Detroit Pistons leadership, developing, and implementing post orders for Security Officers and approving daily timekeeping functions for same.
- Respond to Pistons Performance Center alarm/intrusion systems including notification to appropriate public safety-first responders.
- Conducts executive services details as directed by the Director of Security or the Manager of Security.
- Supervise the 24/7 Command Center Staff responsible for proprietary intrusion alarms, life-safety alarms, and surveillance equipment at the Pistons Performance Center.
- Attend staff meetings and coordinate classroom instruction sessions including First Aid/AED/CPR, Fire/Life Safety, new Security Officer orientation as well as emergency management programs.
- Manages Security Officer performance, coaches employees and creates development plans.
- Available to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Security, law enforcement, fire/medical service, military experience or equivalent required, CPR/First Aid and AED training preferred
- Valid Driver’s license is required
- Ability to excel and exercise integrity in all situations
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to deal with fellow Security Team members and the public in a professional manner
- Ability to navigate windows-based security software such as CCTV, access control, visitor management login/logout and fire/life safety systems
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of employees and guests
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel programs
- Must be able to bend and lift objects necessary to perform primary duties
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally
- Must be able to work in a variety of climates including extreme heat/cold, humidity, rain, and darkness
- Must be able to defend self or others, using minimal force if necessary and only in accordance with corporate use of force policies
- Scheduling flexibility and ability to work event days as well as non-event days
- Must pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle history check in accordance with company policy and periodically checked thereafter
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Did you hear about this posting through the Detroit HBCU Alumni Network?
Did you hear about this through an HBCU/Handshake?