Director, Creative and Strategy, Corporate Partnerships with Detroit Pistons in Detroit · MI
Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Consulting/Strategic Planning
Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission!
As the Director, Creative and Strategy, you will develop and lead the Detroit Pistons creative and strategic approach to partnership marketing solutions. You will join a staff of solution developers and collaborate with all other departments within the organization to concept and execute all creative needs for Corporate Partnerships. You are a great storyteller with a strategic mind and deep understanding of why sponsorship works.
We are seeking for a team member with a positive upbeat attitude that can connect with a diverse population!
What you’ll be doing:
- Research and understand prospective sponsors brand architecture, brand positioning, brand values and marketing initiatives
- Make creative and strategic recommendations utilizing sponsorship assets (in-arena signs, media, social & digital) that deliver on a brands objectives
- Oversee and participate in design of strategic partnership proposals; considering all creative for digital, social, in-arena, print and other advertising and marketing communications
- Lead brainstorming and creative sessions – Support script writing and storyboard creation for all partnership proposals
- Ensure proper execution of all creative elements sold within partnership deals
- Work with key members of marketing team to ensure Pistons brand is represented properly with approved imagery and messaging
- Attend weekly organizational meetings (partnership sales meeting) as a representative of Solutions department
- Monitor and manage sponsorship asset inventory
- Research best-practices across the industry and apply key learnings to new partnership proposals
- Work closely with the Director, Corporate Partnership Sales and Director, Retention and Engagement to create incremental revenue opportunities for current partners and support Partnership Engagement team in their incremental sales efforts (upsells).
- Leverage Partnership research tools, such as Nielsen/Repucom and Scarborough to understand market trends, fan affinity, and support the sales process with quantifiable data for perspective and current partners.
What we’re looking for:
- Graphic Design/Visual Communications degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of graphic design
- Marketing/Ad agency or direct brand marketing experience is plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with great problem-solving skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- In addition to regular business hours, this person will be expected to be available to work non-traditional work hours, weekends and evenings to accommodate Pistons home schedule and non-basketball events
The Director of Creative and Strategy will direct the development and implementation of short and long-term strategy for maximization of Partnership sales, engagement, growth, and retention through creative and strategic proposal development. Priorities include achieving targeted new sales goals, renewal goals and total revenue goals with a focus on creating outstanding partnership marketing campaigns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Did you hear about this posting through the Detroit HBCU Alumni Network?
Did you hear about this through an HBCU/Handshake?