In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Utility Set Up position will be hands-on with every event that comes to Gainbridge Fieldhouse in the completion of equipment set-up, preventative maintenance, and housekeeping duties. This position will require you to work unusual hours at times based on the event schedule and the requirements of the event. This includes evenings, weekends, late nights, and early mornings. This position will also be cross-trained to assist with conversion tasks of all the external campus facilities, including Bicentennial Unity Plaza.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the completion of house equipment set-up before events when necessary.
- Assist in finishing set-up, setting of game map distributing Gametime and placing seat backs.
- Assist in completing the assembly and installation of staging and the assembly and set-up of risers and temporary seating.
- Set up and convert various rooms for meetings and events to the client’s expectations.
- Check goal heights and level, change nets, and adjust rims as needed before games.
- Shovel snow and remove ice.
- Assist with deliveries involving forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Perform miscellaneous routine maintenance duties.
- Work in collaboration with engineering department in maintaining the building and special projects that arise.
- Paint various spaces throughout the building.
- Move office furniture and equipment as needed.
- Complete various housekeeping duties such as sweeping and collecting trash on plazas and sidewalks, clean exterior ramps, docks, and entrance areas.
- Any other duties that arise or are assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 1 year experience working in event set up or relevant field is required.
Basic computer skills and experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Teams) are required.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Exercise independent judgment for a multitude of scenarios that include knowing when to call for assistance with an issue. If working during events, the employee normally is not directly supervised, but will coordinate with the other Utility team members on duty and report major issues/incidents to the Assistant Manager of Facility Operations, event supervisor and/or the event coordinator.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Move heavy objects
- Be exposed to loud noises
- Be exposed to extreme heat or cold
- Be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals with proper safety procedure
- Speak, hear and write
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, move heavy objects, use a computer, use a 10-key calculator, use a telephone, speak, hear, and write.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate and the noise level in Gainbridge Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.