Social Impact Director - Pacers Sports & Entertainment (Indianapolis · IN)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Foundation/Community Relations
The Pacers Foundation is dedicated to improving the quality of life of Hoosiers in the state of Indiana by using our time, resources, and energy to focus existing and emerging efforts to create a collaborative philanthropic and civic engagement environment that concentrates on racial inequity in a targeted and measurable way!
The Director is an individual contributor with an entrepreneurial background who has a clear understanding of the community. They will align the Foundation’s vision, mission, and values and will be accountable for the measurement and evaluation of all grantees and Foundation programs. They will lead and run all revenue generating opportunities for the Foundation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a diverse portfolio of sustainable and scalable community partnerships by cultivating, maintaining, and growing relationships with non-profit organizations that serve vulnerable Hoosiers
- Identify needs of non-profit organizations and match them with strengths of the Pacers Sports and Entertainment organization
- Responsible for establishing and implementing a comprehensive outreach and engagement strategy which includes, but is not limited to, food insecurity, education, mentorship, diverse businesses, fostering relationships with law enforcement and the criminal justice system
- Understand and collaborate with the NBA Foundation and ensure philanthropic alliances between both organizations.
- Collaborate with Pacers Foundation Board of Directors, not-for-profit executives, volunteers, and a strong and interdisciplinary team of a senior staff leadership to set and ensure the successful growth, implementation, and measurement of the Foundation
- Establish measurable/achievable goals and provide consistent reporting of grants and respond to inquiries that continue to drive growth and impacts funding
- Solve a range of projects and issues as they arise in a multifaceted and evolving environment with a positive and problem-solving outlook
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy to raise awareness of the Pacers Foundation’s efforts to serve vulnerable Hoosiers
- Deliver social impact projects and programming
- Work with cross-functional teams (internal and external) to:
- Develop and manage a structure, for Pacers Sports & Entertainment employees and partners, to engage with identified non-profit organizations
- Drive awareness, implements, and evaluates volunteerism and engagement programs for employees and key partners (whenever appropriate)
- Develop and manage evaluation process to measure the impact of programs and satisfaction of participating PS&E employees
- Facilitate the planning and execution of the Pacers Foundation’s 50/50 raffle program at each home game including:
- Serving as operator
- Recruiting, training, and staffing of 50/50 Associates or sellers who will be event day staff supporting the raffle program
- Coordinate raffle funds, provide updates, and answer requests from the finance team
- Plan any communications which advance the Foundation’s social impact goals
- Support the Executive Director of the Foundation in developing board materials
- Provide ongoing collaboration and support with the Community Engagement Department
- Record and respond to requests gift
- Required to be at Pacers and Fever home games during preseason, regular season, and postseason, as well as other Bankers Life Fieldhouse events, where the Pacers Foundation is represented
- Speak publicly at any event, as needed
- Attend corporate and civic events as a representative of Pacers Sports & Entertainment, as requested
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily and with great attention to detail. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position. Applicants must have:
- Impeccable organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Self-starting capabilities, to initiate projects and/or programs
- Collaboration skills to lead future growth of the Foundation
- The ability to engage internal and external stakeholders thoughtfully and with utmost integrity
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required and 5+ years relevant professional experience, preferably in marketing, communications, public relations, corporate social responsibility, social science, or non-profit development/management. Candidates must also possess the following:
- Experience building and negotiating partnerships and alliances.
- Experience collaborating with executives, steering committees, volunteer advisors.
- Experience with public agencies and other policy makers preferred
- Experience working individually and in a team environment
- Experience volunteering with, working for or supporting non-profit work
- Experience coordinating special events
- Innovator who is great at critical thinking and execution
- In-depth knowledge of corporate social responsibility and corporate giving programs
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to build authentic working relationships
- Ability to influence without authority
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver measurable results under tight deadlines and
- Resolve issues and implement solutions
- Experience creating and delivering engaging training with both adult and youth learners (preferred)
- Experience running in-person and online events
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and empower others
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Director, Manager, Clients, Sponsors, Season Ticket Holders, Customers, and the Public.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as basic mathematical concepts and analyzing costs & budgets.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions. Ability to multi-task, working on several programs and projects at once.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS
Employee must make quick and independent decisions within the policies and procedures of the Community Engagement Department of Pacers Sports & Entertainment and must understand Pacers Sports & Entertainment corporate structure, policies, and procedures. Employee must exercise discretion and independent judgement in handling confidential issues involving players and coaches.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to: sit, stand, walk, reach, lift, move heavy objects, climb, stoop/crouch, be exposed to loud noises, extreme heat, or cold, wet conditions, use a computer, 10-key calculator, and speak, hear, and write
Employee should have a knowledge of all Windows Applications including Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Photoshop.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
- The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
In addition, this position is required to work a varied schedule including evenings and weekends as well as attend events on site and at various locations throughout Indianapolis and the state of IN. Some overtime may also be required at times.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants for full-time employment at Pacers Sports & Entertainment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment.
How did you hear about this job?