Executive Chef - Pacers Sports & Entertainment (Indianapolis · IN)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Food and Beverage: Chef/Cook
The Executive Chef will be responsible for leading the preparation, execution, and clean-up of meals at the Indiana Pacers training facility for players, basketball operations staff, and company executives. Requested meals could include new player meal recipes, cycle menus, action station menus, protein snack recipes, team snacks, and others. The chef must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace while supervising the kitchen and a sous chef.
The Executive Chef will be responsible for working collaboratively with the Team Nutrition Manager to develop weekly menus that align with the dietary needs of the players and contribute to the overall success of the performance nutrition program. This individual will work directly with the athletes and the Team Nutrition Manager to determine players’ dietary preferences and body composition goals to create meals that are both enjoyable and effective in achieving individual body composition and performance goals.
We are looking for someone that will thrive in a fast-paced environment and use their creativity and expertise to develop delicious, balanced meals made with high-quality, locally sourced ingredients tailored to the needs of professional athletes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute innovative menus that focus on flavor, presentation, and proper nutritional value.
- Collaborate with the Team Nutrition Manager on menu development and establishing dietary guidelines to maximize player care and performance goals, including adapting recipes to individual player needs as required.
- Assist in managing the meal plan and food service phone application (ZoneIn).
- Negotiate bulk or volume discounts from vendors, ideally with suppliers local to the Indianapolis area.
- Forecast product needs and place orders in a timely and cost-effective manner, ensuring that ingredients are fresh and high quality.
- Develop and administer standards for the PS&E kitchen regarding food preparation, food safety, cleaning, and preventative maintenance.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention.
- Adhere to all regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials, and fire safety.
- Supervise and manage the Sous Chef.
- Stay informed regarding current developments in evidence-based nutrition studies and food service trends.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers, basketball staff, and players.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends to accommodate team practices, games, and other events.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least five years of experience as an executive chef in a restaurant, hotel, banquet kitchen, or similar environment required. Previous experience in an athletic setting is preferred.
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in culinary arts, nutrition, dietetics, health science, or another related field is preferred. ServSafe Management, Allergen Awareness, or Department of Health certification is preferred.
- Experience in sports nutrition and menu planning for athletes is required.
- Knowledge of industry trends with a focus on cooking methods, quality, production, sanitation, safety, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Superior organizational aptitude, time management, and ability to prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a high level of cultural competency that allows one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as problem identification and resolution skills.
- Ability to work with computer regularly, including effective working skills regarding Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Engage in repetitive arm, hand, and finger movements that require manual dexterity.
- Be exposed to hot and cold temperatures, such as when working near ovens and retrieving food from freezers.
- Ability to taste food and beverage products.
- Ability to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as required.
- Ability to be flexible with scheduling and work different shifts as required.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the kitchen work environment is usually moderate and the noise level in the Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?