Data Engineer - Pacers Sports & Entertainment (Indianapolis · IN)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Technical Services: IT Database Management/Services
The Data Engineer will be involved in building and maintaining the data infrastructure for Pacers Sports & Entertainment. This role is primarily responsible for the acquisition, storage, transformation, and extraction of data for analysis across all PS&E brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with outside vendors to develop strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition, matching, archiving, and recovery
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements to automate manual processes and optimize data delivery for reporting and analysis
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Build data models and define the structure, attributes, and nomenclature of data elements
- Evaluate new data sources for adherence to the organization’s quality standards and ease of integration. Maintain the integrity and cleanliness of PS&E data
- Work with IT to assist in the design, implementation, and enforcement of security policies that protect systems and data from access by unauthorized users. Manage procedures for data access, protection, and backup
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in information science, engineering, computer science, or related field.
· Entry-level experience in data engineering, data warehousing, or database administration.
· Experience with integrating multiple data sources and managing large data structures (data warehouse, data lake) in cloud architectures (Azure).
· Previous experience using APIs, web services, and automating tasks.
· Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational and non-relational databases.
· Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI and/or working with Salesforce and Ticketmaster is a plus.
· Proven ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Object-oriented/object function scripting language experience preferred (Python, Java, C++, Scala, R, etc.)
· Knowledge of BI, analytics, AI, and machine learning.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports. Ability to write reports and correspondence with extremely high accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of the organization. Ability to communicate and sell ideas to peers and executives. Ability to create and deliver presentations to all levels of employees and upper management. Must be very well-organized and highly self-motivated. Must deal with various internal and external constituents to solve problems and deliver projects on time with accuracy, professionalism, and outstanding customer service.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, lift, use a telephone, use a computer, speak, hear, and write.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the office environment is usually moderate and the noise level in the Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
All applicants for full-time employment at Pacers Sports & Entertainment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment.
How did you hear about this job?