This position manages full-time and part-time team members during 3rd shift to ensure proper completion of tasks and to promote a safe work environment. This role also assists in the overnight completion of house equipment set-up and performs various maintenance and housekeeping duties. In addition, this position works with Gainbridge Fieldhouse management to build upon and continuously improve current processes so the overall operation runs smoothly and efficiently. Essential duties and responsibilities:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain a consistent focus on standardization of operational processes and produce Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) for operations tasks (conversions, housekeeping, etc.)
2. Assist Facilities Operation Manager in hiring when necessary
3. Train, schedule, and supervise full and part time changeover staff.
4. Assist in the development and distribution of all safety initiatives as they relate to 2nd and 3rd shift staff and vendors.
5. Act as manager on duty as needed.
6. Maintain the scheduling of miscellaneous routine maintenance task required quarterly and annually.
7. Develop quality control initiatives to maintain and improve facility organization and cleanliness.
8. Perform regular audits to ensure task completion accountability for 3rd shift staff.
9. Assist with staff training at offsite warehouse location to learn each setup component.
10. Work with Procurement to identify contract labor partners.
11. Oversee all contract labor to improving production while managing the contract labor budget.
12. Understand setup standards with a focus on efficiencies.
13. Assist with planning and scheduling event set-ups.
14. Oversee conversion and housekeeping teams under the direction of the Operations Manager.
15. Supervise and assist in completion of house equipment set-up before events when necessary.
16. Supervise and assist in set-up, and/or cleaning of, basketball floor, courtside seating, and tables,
17. Supervise and assist in making ice for ice events.
18. Supervise and assist in the installation of goals, hockey boards and glass, and other related equipment.
19. Supervise and assist in the assembly, disassembly, and installation of staging, risers, and temporary seating.
20. Shovel snow and remove ice from around the facility when needed.
21. Manage team for tasks such as mopping basketball floor after practice sessions, cleaning glass on backboards, and mopping spills on concourses or in hallways.
22. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job optimally, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Must be flexible to work overtime, a variety of hours including weekends, and be on call when required. The position is mostly during the overnight hours.
Employee should have a knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet and the ability to adapt to new computer programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent plus 1-3 years operations or related experience required.
Ability to interpret directions, be a confident self-starter, willing to learn from mistakes, and confidently move forward. Ability to learn quickly through observation and then assess and be responsible for the situation/process in the future.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructions and reports. Ability to respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Open to studying and education in basic Spanish speaking.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Move heavy objects
- Use a computer
- Use a 10-key calculator
- Use a telephone
- Speak, hear, and write.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
2. The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
3. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants for full-time employment at Pacers Sports & Entertainment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Exemptions will be considered for applicants who receive a conditional offer and who are unable to get the vaccine due to medical or religious reasons.