Social Media Producer - Ft. Wayne Mad Ants with Pacers Sports & Entertainment in Fort Wayne · IN
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Fort Wayne · IN
Marketing: Social Media
SUMMARY: This newly created position will become the social media “voice” of the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, and is tasked with growing the team’s social media footprint to drive revenue, increase awareness, followers, and brand equity of the G-League basketball team and its players/activities locally and nationally/internationally. The ideal candidate will live and breathe social media and basketball content! This person must be a forward-thinking, motivated individual who has the ability to work independently and help the team reach Mad Ants fans across the state of Indiana.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- This is a part-time, hourly role working up to 1,500 hours over the course of the season.
- Establish a brand voice and social media strategy for the team including:
- Developing an ‘always on’ approach for fan engagement and acquisition
- Create a content calendar with a consistent publishing cadence
- Ideate and craft posts across the Mad Ants’ Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts
- Shoot and edit short-form video content from team practices, games, community events, etc.
- Manage player personality driven content in the offseason
- Ideate, design, shoot/edit and produce video, gifs, and graphic content
- Assist with game duties to include live tweeting, livestreams, creating photo galleries, video highlights, hype videos and in-game infographics
- Create compelling content to engage fans on social media and grow audience.
- Identify and develop additional social media channels to engage new audiences – Youtube, Tik Tok, Snapchat, etc.
- Community management of all accounts
- Weekly reporting and social media KPIs to measure growth and fan engagement
- Must have an understanding of social media algorithms and provide recommendations on content design and publishing
- Support social media efforts by tracking and reporting Key Performance Indicators including engagement, average watch times, conversions and other metrics. Utilize this tracked information to recommend necessary A/B testing and content adjustments to optimize results of these efforts.
- Develop social media sweepstakes that generate qualified leads that can be used for the objective of building the fan base and generating revenue.
- Run paid social campaigns. Must have an understanding of ad campaign objectives, audience targets, and measurement
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and a requirement to work evenings and weekends to cover events, games and special projects.
- Must be an excellent writer and highly attentive to details
- Must stay abreast of current trending topics and sports highlights
- Ability to maintain a professional, journalistic relationship with players and coaches
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Impeccable attention to detail and excellent written communication skills required. Ability to edit written content under deadline pressure. Ability to write clearly for headlines and photo captions under deadline pressure.
- Graphic Design – Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc
- Video Editing – Adobe Premiere and iMovie
- Experience using Social Studio and Buffer
- Stay up-to-date on social media tools and emerging apps
- Experience with Ad Managers via Facebook, Twitter and Youtube
- Great visual eye for photography and working knowledge of video production cameras
- Ability to communicate and sell ideas to peers and executives
- Ability to take ownership of projects and multi-task
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred but not required. Current College Students with at least 1 year of professional Marketing/Social Media experience or internship will be accepted. Prior experience managing social media accounts for a large brand/entity is ideal.
This position requires the knowledge of the guidelines set by the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA). It requires knowledge of social media sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports. Ability to write tweets, posts, articles, stories, and correspondence with extremely high accuracy with respect to writing mechanics and facts, readable and engaging writing style, and a high attention to detail. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and general public fans. Ability to communicate and sell ideas to peers and executives.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to develop ROI analyses and present dashboard analytics reports. An interest in emerging platforms and technologies is necessary for success in this position.
Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make rational, quick recommendations.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able, through creative, logical and technical means, to see projects through to completion.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Use telephone
- Use 10 key calculator
- Use computer
- Speak, hear and write
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
- The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?
Tell us about your top 3 strengths.
What area(s) are you hoping to develop professionally over the next 12-18 months?
Tell us about the software and programs you are proficient using.