SUMMARY: Pacers Gaming is looking for a forward-thinking and creative teammate who has an expert grasp on design, video and social media content. Pacers Gaming is in a unique position to grow at a historically quick rate and the Social Media Manager will be responsible for conveying the brand message and engaging fans on all digital and social platforms.
Responsible for developing and managing the following social media platforms for Pacers Gaming:
(1) Twitter (2) Instagram (3) Facebook (4) Snapchat (5) YouTube (6) Twitch and the primary team website PacersGaming.com. These areas include, but are not limited to, creating digital and social media content and campaigns which includes creative graphics and video content delivery across all platforms; developing and executing promotions to increase social media engagement. Additionally, this position is responsible for working with the Content Marketing Manager to drive integrated social and digital marketing lifestyle and gaming content.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create digital marketing and social media tactics to drive brand awareness and fan engagement
- Work closely with Content Marketing Manager to create digital and social media campaigns; Maintain and coordinate a detailed content calendar for the planning and management of all social and digital brand content
- Develop and manage primary website PacersGaming.com
- Ability to manage and drive engagement across all social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch and YouTube
- Meet and exceed engagement and acquisition goals via social media platforms
- Create relationships and drive engagement with social media influencers in esports and lifestyle brands
- Stay up to date and on the cutting edge of esports industry trends, emerging platforms and best practices
- Passion for social media, content creation and creating unique digital fan/viewer experiences
- Ability to use excellent judgement and discretion in the management of all social media for Pacers Gaming.
- High attention to detail and strong command of the English language and industry vernacular
- Excellent writing skills including ability to formulate succinct and powerful messaging accurately on a deadline
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends to monitor social media, react to news and be the voice of Pacers Gaming at events, games and at other times when deemed necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3 plus years of social media and digital management experience
- Previous experience formulating and executing social media strategies for a brand or business
-Proven experience creating, executing and implementing social media and/or digital marketing campaigns
-Experience in esports community in digital content or social media
-Some graphic design background or experience
-Excellent writing and communication skills
-Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
-Ability to use discretion and common sense in the execution of job duties
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and at least 3 years of content and/or social media marketing experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret social media data, website traffic metrics and reports. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions internally from management and externally from the general fan base. Ability to communicate and present creative ideas to peers and executives. Excellent command of the English language and the industry vernacular.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able, through creative, logical and technical means, to see projects through to completion.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.