Digital Marketing & E-Commerce Coordinator with Pacers Sports & Entertainment in Indianapolis, IN
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis, IN
Retail/Licensing: Retail Marketing
This role is a hybrid position supporting the Merchandising (Team Store) and Digital Marketing Teams. We are looking for a versatile, team player who has one year of prior experience in e-commerce marketing for retail brands and marketing for digital & social media channels. Prior experience in Sports, Media, Entertainment or Fashion is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Merchandise Responsibilities -
- Marketing and maintenance of PacersTeamStore.com (Team Store Website – Pacers/Fever/Gaming/Mad Ants and Bankers Life Fieldhouse events), including:
- Banner Ads
- Social Media management: create & publish content, ads, and community management of the Team Store social media accounts across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and new/emerging channels
- Email Marketing Campaigns: Craft, publish and track email newsletters to drive sales of game and event related merchandise
- Sweepstakes: Facilitate sweepstakes and promotion to drive leads and new sales revenue.
- Influencer Marketing: work with the Digital Partnerships Manager on leveraging influencers to drive merchandise sales
- Maintenance of e-commerce website that includes:
- Inventory Management: keeping site up-to-date uploading new products
- Keyword-rich product descriptions and on-site SEO
- Provide strategies and recommendations to drive online sales
- Management of game night specials and limited time/seasonal promotions or deals
- General understanding of retail POS software systems and digital applications, such as Yellow Dog, Appetize, Magento, etc.
- Visual merchandising on digital platforms:
- Creative eye for how to best stage merchandise to optimize online purchases on social media and digital platforms.
- Ability to stage and photograph retail merchandise. Photography & videography experience is ideal.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by Digital Content Producer & Sr. Director Merchandise & Retail.
Digital Marketing Responsibilities -
- Support the Pacers Digital Marketing team with day-to-day and game night duties, including:
- Assist with Pacers game night duties of social media content production, including photography, editing video highlights and creating of in-game infographics.
- Write, proofread and copyedit game recap and preview articles on Pacers.com. Assist in publishing written and video content on the website.
- Assist with day-to-day maintenance of the marketing database.
- Assist with production of livestreams and other digital shoots
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by Digital Marketing Team.
- Understanding of digital marketing strategies and tactics, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, new & emerging media, and how the platforms differ
- Ability to analyze data and track analytics to better inform decisions and changes made to the website and marketing strategy.
- Basic working knowledge of SEO
- Basic working knowledge of SEM/PPC
- Basic working knowledge of social media ad placement
- Strong writing experience. Attention to detail is a MUST.
- Graphic design
- Video production
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university – Preferably in Digital Marketing, or Retail & Merchandising
- 1-2 years of prior work experience – preferably with a Retail/Fashion brand, Sports or Entertainment entity
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports. Ability to write reports and correspondence with extremely high accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, Clients, Customers, and the general public. Ability to communicate and sell ideas to peers and executives. Ability to create and deliver presentations to all levels of employees and upper management.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to develop ROI analyses and present reports.
Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able, through creative, logical and technical means, to see projects through to completion.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
4. Use telephone
5. Use 10 key calculator
6. Use computer
7. Speak, hear and write
8. Use digital or tape audio recorder
9. Use digital camera
10. Use digital video camera
This position requires the employee to be proficient with HTML and how it relates to e-mail marketing. It requires some experience with CRM software, basic knowledge of Photoshop, knowledge of Internet laws and regulations like CAN-SPAM and COPPA. It requires knowledge of the guidelines set by the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA). It requires knowledge of social media sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and other emerging channels. An interest in emerging platforms and technologies is necessary for success in this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
2. The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
3. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Please describe your experience with SEO, SEM/PPC.
Do you have e-commerce marketing experience for retail brands and marketing for digital & social media channels? Please define.
What is your prior Sports, Media, Entertainment or Fashion experience?