We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Spurs Sports & Entertainment is seeking a dynamic and ambitious professional with a background in developing and selling ticket and corporate partnerships to be our SVP of Strategic Business Development. As part of our Executive Team, you will play a vital role in our growth while focusing on generating new business through local, national and international partnerships as well as provide knowledge and insights in the areas of strategic revenue generation, media, digital and broadcasting.
The candidate will be able to analyze portfolios to develop new opportunities, new business strategies, and construct-customized programs, including the development and implementation of strategic sales practices. The candidate will work with colleagues in product development and competitive positioning; developing new products and services and increasing the use of current products and services provided by SS&E, and will stay up to date on new and emerging technologies and platforms.
- Create elaborate business development plans, design and implement processes to support business growth, through partner and market definition
- Develop newsworthy innovative partnerships that pioneer new categories, inventory, campaigns/platforms, and/or partner integrations
- Create innovative corporate partnerships that help market, promote, and increase revenues as well as brand awareness for Spurs Sports & Entertainment franchises
- Facilitate business growth by working together with clients as well as business partners
- Build and maintain high-level contacts with current and prospective customer and other business and project partners
- Drive prospects through to contract award (including identifying new customers and markets, developing approaches to the market, identifying prospects, proposal preparation, etc.)
- Develop marketing strategy alignment, manage proposal teams and client account managers
- Assemble a diverse sales team and create a culture to maximize relationship building and revenue generation with a multifaceted approach
- Provide all team members with clear direction and measurable goals to achieve revenue goals
- Execute prospecting strategy
- Inspire team to develop innovative concepts that deliver value to partners and other areas of the organization
- Help develop a strong staff who are league and sports team leaders
- Bachelor's degree, fifteen (15) years’ sales experience, and a minimum of five (5) years’ in sports and/or event and entertainment or other comparable relevant experience.
- Experience in closing long-term integrated partnerships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to develop strong working relationships with partners, coworkers and other stakeholders
- Well-organized and meticulous in detail, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and adapt to a dynamic, fluid environment while balancing multiple tasks at once
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.