Spurs Sports & Entertainment is seeking a best-in-class photographer with the ability to tell the Spurs story through behind-the-scenes photos and videos of the team’s players and staff, creating daily unique digital, social and broadcast content for both individual player and team use. It is critical that the candidate be creative in their ability to produce quality content promoting both our individual players and team brand, resulting in a deeper connection with our fans. A passion for the NBA, purposeful story-telling and conceptualizing and capturing content is essential in this role.
In each position, employees are expected to demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s Core Values, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing self-development.
- Document interesting moments on and off the court to tell the Spurs story through photography and video.
- Shoot photos and video at home and road games with a unique, purposeful eye.
- Capture behind-the-scenes moments in the training room, weight room and at team practices.
- Attend team-organized community and sponsorship events and appearances as well as player-driven community events and appearances both in San Antonio and out-of-market.
- Storytelling topics through photography and video in this role include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Capturing informal, organic and personal moments and events with players and staff.
- Capturing the “Life on the Road” for both individual players and the team.
- Capturing unique moments at the NBA Summer League games and practices.
- Capturing unique moments at the Austin Spurs practices and games.
- Capturing impactful moments for the NBA Draft in New York.
- Special projects to be assigned as developed and could include shooting player portraits, player signings and uniform unveilings.
- A Bachelor’s degree, technical degree, or four years’ experience in a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of high-definition (HD) cameras, videography, and creative lighting techniques.
- Possess best-in-class still photography and videography skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and demonstrate skillful storytelling, editing, and videography abilities through a portfolio of work samples.
- Strong decision making and the ability to produce and distribute work in real time, while working with the Spurs brand team on long-term projects.
- Strong knowledge of current social media trends.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and handle feedback with ease.
- Ability to show engagement and collaboration with departments across the Spurs organization.
- Strong teamwork aptitude and intrinsically motivated by the desire to see a group succeed as opposed to individual accolades.
- Confident and disciplined work ethic to produce efficiently on tight deadlines.
- Possess excellent relationship building and communication skills to include the ability to gain the trust of players, coaches and staff required.
- Alignment with SS&E’s Values and culture
- Ability and desire to protect confidential information.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of work time.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and Holidays.
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.