Group Sales interns have the opportunity to see the business side of sports marketing first hand for the San Antonio Spurs. Interns have the opportunity to work directly with the San Antonio Spurs, dealing with various aspects of the day to day operation of the Team, such as marketing, community events, game nights and general office duties. Group sales interns are involved with the creative side as well, participating in brainstorming sessions and meetings where group sales ideas & events are discussed. Internships are paid positions but are not guaranteed employment once the internship is completed.
- Meeting/escorting groups
- Helping groups with set-up in their concourse performance areas
- Helping with redemption tables (group value-add item)
- Assistance with Fan Experience packages (FEPs)—post-game free throws, pre-game courtside experience, etc.
- Data basing flyers & management of mailings and filings
- Helping with group sales collateral for groups—vouchers, etc.
- Assistance with in-/out-bound phone traffic related to large group programs (incorrect credit card transactions, etc.)
- Idea sharing/brainstorming for group events
- Group event planning & logistics
- Must be either a Junior, Senior, Graduate Level in college, or final year of a technical, vocational or associates program.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings, nights and weekends, holidays as needed. (20 -30 hours/week)
- Has the ability to work efficiently and in a timely manner in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.