The Spurs Sports & Entertainment internship program is designed to offer qualified candidates the ability to receive hands-on business experience with a professional sports team. This position will give the candidate an opportunity top learn more about and gain experience in human resources, public relations, sports information, journalism and business relations.
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Assist on game days with coverage including: managing photos, video highlights and other tasks as assigned.
- Utilize knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop to help edit videos and graphics for content consumption for both ingame and postgame.
- Assist in uploading content on various platforms including franchise websites and YouTube.
- Assist in logging social content throughout the season.
- Archive both video and photo content across all franchises.
- Attending four-year college/university (or recent graduate)
- A passion for sports and preferred knowledge of all franchise games.
- Basic knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and other non-traditional hours to help to assist in content coverage.
- Ability to work normal business hours at least 2+ days per week.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator a plus).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Power Point) a plus.
- Photography, videography skills a plus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and support multiple high level positions.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Strong good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift/push/pull 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to travel/spend time in office.
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.