The Philadelphia 76ers is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by one of the industry’s most decorated and well-respected sports business executives in CEO Scott O’Neil. The Sixers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the entire sports industry. The Sixers offer an energetic working environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
Position Summary: The Athletic Training Aid will support the Director of Athletic Training in maintaining and executing strategies to successfully manage a successful camp athletic training program. The individual will work under the supervision of a Nationally Certified (ATC) and Pennsylvania Licensed Athletic Trainer (LAT) to learn the ins and outs of operating an overnight sports camp from a medical perspective.
The Athletic Training Aid must be available June 30, 2018 – July 28, 2018. A stipend will be paid at the end of the program at the Valley Forge Military Academy and College . Housing & meals during the five (5) week program are provided.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Work under the supervision of the Sixers Camp Director and Athletic Trainer in providing basic first aid to campers and staff.
· Organize and coordinate deliveries of athletic training and first aid supplies.
· Organize the daily athletic training room schedule both for the rehabilitation of injuries and to ensure adequate staff coverage.
· Communicate with the Director and the Athletic Trainer on a daily basis with respect to which campers are injured and require medical attention.
· Aid the Director and the Athletic Trainer in conducting morning stretching exercises of the campers.
· Aid with the registration and orientation of the campers.
· Aid the Athletic Trainer with campers requiring rehabilitation of injuries.
· Aid the Director and Athletic Trainer to ensure that campers and staff have their medical needs met during weekend trips.
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
• Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program at the Junior, Senior or Graduate level.
• Enrollment in Athletic Training is preferred.
• Familiarity with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Must be able to keep up in fast-paced environment, customer service orientated.
• Must demonstrate professionalism, a customer-first attitude, enthusiasm, and strong verbal and written communication skills, in addition to the requirements for the position.
Special Position Requirement
• Nights and/or weekends may be required depending on the program; flexibility to participate a plus.
· Must be certified in CPR, AED & first aid.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.