Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) is seeking positive and passionate individuals that are committed to becoming sales leaders in the sports and entertainment industry. This position is a 3 month career-growth oriented sales development program which will focus on developing the skills and knowledge needed to become a inside sales/sales representative. This position will also give experience to help candidate decide if sales is a career option.
The program is built around a 2 week training and classroom learning experience designed to educate the candidate on sales practices, techniques, and processes followed by a 2 week job shadowing of our current sales team implementing the classroom lessons. The program ends with 2 months of practical, hands-on learning with responsibilities of generating new revenue through the selling of season tickets and group tickets for the San Antonio Spurs and Rampage. This portion of the project is focused day-to-day on making sales through phone calls, prospecting, referrals, face-to-face presentations and in-arena appointments with a strong emphasis on customer relationship building and retention.
Training Program Length: June 2018 through August 2018
Internship Pay: $7.25 per/hour
Hours: 29 hrs/week
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Commit to on-going sales training and development of best sales practices through weekly meetings and role-play sessions. Attend all other sales department meetings and customer service events as assigned.
- With active supervision and guidance from Senior Staff, initiate sells of new full season tickets, partial season ticket packages and group tickets for all SS&E properties.
- Partner with Supervisor and Senior Staff to develop relationships, set face-to-face appointments (both externally and at the AT&T Center) and show seats to potential customers with the objective to close new business. Make 50+ outbound phone calls daily.
- Look for ways to develop and grow new and existing customer relationships through seat visits, prospecting, referrals and other ticket sales initiatives. (sales booths, in-house events and off-site community events) Maintain electronic records of all customers and prospects with our CRM system.
- Greet, Support, and Serve current and potential clients daily and at games. Work games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned.
- Collaboration with key internal/external resources.
- Currently pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or a related field and also require credit for internship.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer skills required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and support multiple high level positions.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Strong good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time.
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.