Welcome to the NBA/WNBA/G League Team Jobs Web site where you can now be connected to all the hiring managers with NBA, WNBA, and G League teams! If you are interested in working for any of the NBA/WNBA/G League Teams, please scroll down and apply for a position. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities available within the following categories:
- Works with vendor community to select assortment of NBA licensed product to be sold at various Milwaukee Bucks Pro Shop entities.
- Analyzes sales and profitability numbers to achieve overall organization goals.
- Travels to NBA Trade shows and vendors to see lines of merchandise which will be selected for sale at Bucks Pro Shop locations.
- Negotiate with vendor base to ensure correct cost and retail targets are met for specific purchased items.
- Responsible for approving all artwork provided by vendors, ensuring current style guide recommendations are adhered to when applicable.
- Prepares business reporting pertinent to the retail business.
- Works in conjunction with the rest of the retail team to monitor inventory levels and adjust buys (increase or decrease) based on current sales trends.
- Monitors store floor to ensure the vision for the purchased product is being executed at the point of purchase, giving direction to Retail Operations Manager.
- Partners with Warehouse Management to ensure proper assortment of product is delivered to various Bucks Pro Shop locations.
- Coordinates retail buys for NBA G-League team, communicating with on site Manager.
- Manages product assortment on e-commerce site, working with site partner to execute marketing strategies.
- Builds product assortment and strategy for e-sports team, while maintaining Bucks Pro Shop standards.
- Works with the Marketing Department to showcase the strategies set forth for the Club and achieve the overall company objectives.
- Works with the other departments within the organization to coordinate purchases of retail product.
- Performs duties as assigned.
- Ability to manage supervisory level associates and entry level retail associates.
- Problem-solve different situations with internal and external customers.
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s customer service standards.
- Ability to interact on a professional level with high profile clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with staff and prepare written reports.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment, while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Advanced math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
- Travel required up to 10%.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum three years’ experience as a manager in a retail environment.
- Previous experience in buying office at a management level.
- Bachelor’s Degree with Business Management or Sports Management preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?