Welcome to the NBA/WNBA/G League Team Jobs Web site where you can now be connected to all the hiring managers with NBA, WNBA, and G League teams! If you are interested in working for any of the NBA/WNBA/G League Teams, please scroll down and apply for a position. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities available within the following categories:
VP of Arena Operations
- Develop and maintain ongoing operational plans to include annual budgets, operating pro-formas/revenue projections, conversion timelines, operational policies and procedures, hiring/training and employee development timelines for full time staff, etc.
- Develop and maintain key relationships to include city and county government agencies; federal, state and local security agencies; neighborhood and community groups, etc.
- Work closely w/ Marketing Partnerships to identify and activate sponsorship opportunities with arena amenities, services and other requirements
- Provide leadership and direction to the Event Operations Department in staging and managing events, including conversions and facility cleaning
- Oversee the operation of the Engineering division in providing arena maintenance, systems operations, capital improvements and facility upkeep to NBA standards/requirements
- Maximize revenue generating event bookings in FedExForum by aggressively marketing/communicating with key promoters/agencies and proactively identifying and creating non-traditional programming
- Oversee the operation of the Guest Services Department to include: part time staff hiring and training, staff scheduling, guest comments and complaints, ADA Advocacy management, surveys and reporting
- Oversee the operation of the Public Safety & Security Department in conjunction with law enforcement to ensure the safety, security and well-being of all guests, employees, tenants and clients of FedExForum
- Serve as the primary contract manager and operational liaison for food & beverage operator, retail operator and parking operator - to include developing measurable performance standards, quality and inventory management expectations and revenue projections
- Oversee the Office Administration Department in ensuring that all office policies and operating procedures are met to include the maintenance of office equipment contracts and leases
- Work closely w/ marketing departments to promote arena concerts and events
- Represent the organization in all applicable industry/trade organizations, and serve as the primary point of contact for all NBA related facility/security issues
- Direct all organizational efforts in building/managing/maintaining venues and operating events for Memphis Hustle, Grizz Gaming and any future enterprise growth opportunities.
- Bachelors degree in business administration or management
- 7-10 years progressive management experience in the field of facility management, preferably in a multi-purpose arena
- Existing relationships with key national promoters/agencies and a proven track record of booking traditional and non-traditional events
- Extensive understanding of all facets of facility management, including event sales & marketing, event operations, building engineering, guest services and food & beverage operations
- Committed to the development of an exceptional Arena Operations Department, focused on providing excellence in customer service, a positive working environment for all employees, and the ability to effectively manage the revenue and expense objectives of the company
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic and mature manner with VIP’s as well as internal and external clients at all levels within an organization and throughout the community
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent project coordination and project management skills , and able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high pressure environment
- Computer/mobile savvy
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Graduate degree in business or sports administration
- Member IAVM
- Knowledge of and a passion for professional basketball and live entertainment.
How did you hear about this job?
Why are you interested in this opportunity?
How many years of experience do you possess?
What is the highest level of education completed?
What is your current salary?
What are your salary requirements?