- Assist in development of retail programs designed to increase sales.
- Work all Rockets games at Toyota Center, dealing with inventory control, staffing & sales.
- Participate in merchandise vendor meetings and learn how to purchase retail merchandise.
- Assist in processing of internet sales and management of retail website.
- Responsible for general office tasks such as answering the switchboard, filing, mailing, copying, etc.
- Assist the director, manager, or supervisor on other projects as needed.
- Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
- Current college student (junior or senior, or graduated within the last 6 months) with a business, retail or related major
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication.
- Eager to learn.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
- The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
- The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
- The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.