Job Purpose: Identify, negotiate, and execute innovative and dynamic partnerships with local, regional, and national partners for the Dallas Wings and Panther City Lacrosse Club.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for achieving established sales goals and assisting department in achieving annual revenue targets.
- Effectively qualify leads and maintain a robust pipeline of potential business opportunities.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the partnership sales process – including but not limited to prospecting, needs analysis, proposal development and creation, negotiation, and contracting.
- Work with marketing & ticket sales departments to maximize cross-selling opportunities and share new ideas and create inventory.
- Continually manage and update individual sales pipeline through CRM platform to provide accurate, reliable information for sales and renewal forecasting for executive leadership.
- Significant understanding of CRM and participation in sales tracking for multiple properties.
- Ensure the effective execution of partnership elements deliver mutually beneficial relationships with team partners.
- Manage and ensure the activation of all marketing partner programs in cooperation with members of the Activation Team.
- Collaborate with multiple departments in a respectful manner.
- Assist and engage with prospects and partners during the Dallas Wings and Panther City Lacrosse Club games and events.
- Provide game day and operational support.
This position reports to: Sr. Director of Corporate Partnerships
Do Other Positions Report to This Position? _X_No __ Yes
If so, what titles report to this position and how many of each?
What We Need from Our Manager:
- Experience in developing, pitching, and closing six and seven figure partnerships
- Experience in presenting to Senior Management Teams
- Ability to quickly develop understanding of marketplace on both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with senior level marketing executives at relevant marketing corporations located in or doing business in the market
- Sufficient understanding of media/advertising buys to communicate value of sponsorships vs. pure media as a marketing solution
- A creative salesperson with the ability to open doors and a demonstrated track record of closing innovative sponsorships and reaching targeted quotas
Formal Education & Relevant Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred
- 3 to 5 years of sales experience, in a sports-related entity specifically in corporate sales (i.e. sponsorships, season, and group ticket sales)
- Strong sales acumen and proven ability to prospect and sell
- Solid experience as a sponsorship seller with knowledge across multiple properties, industries, and brands
- A strong understanding of the partnership landscape in sports, entertainment, and cause-related initiatives
- Familiarity with the Dallas – Fort Worth Marketplace preferred
Work Location & Hours: Work is performed in the office and/or at one of the arenas as determined necessary by the Company. Must be available to attend all home games for both Dallas Wings and Panther City Lacrosse Club, as well as attend company events. Games & events may take place on nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Ideal Candidate Attributes/Competencies:
- Team-first attitude and relentless work ethic that is dedicated, detail orientated and willing to go above and beyond for the success of the department and teams.
- Experience developing and selling fully integrated sponsorship packages across multiple properties, utilizing a variety of assets including (i.e. entitlement, in-venue visibility, digital media, broadcast media, social media assets, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive, productive and supportive working relationships throughout the organization.
- Responsive with an ability to multi-task, work independently and handle feedback.
- Adaptive to fluid situations.
- Willing to work extended/non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Identify areas of opportunity and propose potential solutions while continuing to lead projects without interruption.
- Ability to forecast issues in projects, troubleshoot, and problem solve with internal constituents and external partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- Hearing, seeing, reading, writing, concentration, comprehension, and talking with clear speech.
- Planning, organizing, interpreting data, making decisions, problem-solving, and composure under deadlines/stress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.