This position is responsible for selling season and partial plan ticket packages, along with group tickets and experiences. This position will also be responsible for selling single-night event suites. The Connecticut Sun believes in having a strong sales process, a culture of customer service and teamwork, and in the professional development of the individual. Training and development will be an essential part of the position, as will the achievement of team and individual goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: includes but not limited to:
- Prospecting, active outreach (calls, emails, meetings) qualifying and nurturing ticket plan leads to close, primarily focused on consumer based leads
- A commitment to training and development with consistent feedback
- Development of relationships with accounts, inclusive of ensuring delivery of benefits associated with the plan purchased and servicing of other client needs.
- Upsell and cross-sell to existing client base
- Prospecting, active outreach, and meeting with group prospects for a needs analysis.
- Development of proposals that could include access to special fan experiences and theme nights, then providing tools for the group leader(s) to make organizing the group as easy as possible.
- Coordinate game night activities with the groups, with attention to detail on logistics and a commitment to ensuring a great experience.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends off-property events, trade shows and meetings
- Communicate internally to ensure smooth execution for the team and the client.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree
- One year of experience in formalizing sales proposals
- Working knowledge of sports and sports teams
- In lieu of a Degree and previously mentioned experience, four years of sales experience with experience in formalizing sales proposals may be considered
Competencies: Incumbent will master the following competencies while in this position:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of the Ticketmaster system, CRM system and related programs (i.e. Group Manager)
- Understanding of proper procedures for making sales calls
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Office work environment
- Must be able to sit in front of a computer screen, be on the telephone and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Some travel may be required
- Must be able to work various shifts and flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with this job. Mohegan Sun reserves the right to make changes to the above job description
Mohegan Sun practices Native American Preference. "Native American" means an individual who is duly enrolled member of the Mohegan Tribe or duly enrolled member of any group of Native Americans recognized as an Indian Tribe by the Mohegan Tribe, the United States, or the State of Connecticut.