IT Service Desk Internship with Miami HEAT in Miami · FL
Miami HEAT jobs
Sports Jobs in Miami · FL
Are you currently seeking a internship within a first-class I.T. Department? Did you ever dream of working for a three-time NBA Championship team and the #1 arena in Florida? If so, we are searching for an exceptional I.T. Service Desk Intern to work with a small, knowledgeable team of Service Desk Coordinators under the Service Desk Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for any current student looking to grow their skillset while working in an exciting environment with The Miami HEAT family and culture.
As our ambitious Intern, we will provide you with the rare opportunity to administer quality remote and onsite support directly to end users, vendors and our customers. Your particular responsibility to our team will consist of handling various desktop hardware and software issues. Additional functions encompass promptly identifying concerns beyond your role and advancing service desk tickets to the appropriate resources as necessary as well as the following:
- Effectively provide our internal office end users and I.T. team members with first-level help desk support and assistance as well as assistance with Ticketmaster technology.
- Proficiently repair hardware as needed to reduce help desk incidents and the mean time of repairs.
- Efficaciously repair and maintain laser printers, and ensure Ethernet patch cabling runs safely and neatly.
- Actively follow and contribute to improving documentation for procedural I.T. Service Desk task, and serve as our project lead on various small I.T. Service Desk projects.
- Diligently organize, track and maintain stock for various hardware systems, and utilize your I.T. knowledge to make hardware/software purchasing recommendations.
- Properly monitor and remediate software updates for desktop applications, and aptly utilize a ticket management system to track, document and maintain all Service Desk requests..
- Promptly respond to Virus, Malware, and various security threats while implementing preventative measures to minimize risks.
- Consistently enforce company security settings, software settings and user restrictions to continuously maintain desktop and device compliance policies.
Think this sounds like your ideal internship? If so, you to be a current student enrolled in school, and have to be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week. You will also demonstrate a basic foundation and understanding of the following areas:
- Basic Microsoft Directory Services DHCP, Active Directory, DNS.
- Windows user rights and permissions, and Network topology and LAN infrastructure.
- Microsoft Office\O365 Applications, and Microsoft Windows 7\10.
- Repair and maintenance of network laser printers as well as desktop\phone\tablet maintenance, repair and installation.
To succeed in our I.T. Department, you will work well in a team environment, welcome constructive criticism and have a positive attitude towards your end users. Think you have what it takes to join our team? Applicants who are qualified will participate in initial screening interview as well as written and hands-on tests. If you are chosen as one of our finalists, you will be asked to come back for a second and final verbal interview.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP
How did you hear about this job?
(Yes/No) Are you currently enrolled in a college or university?
(Yes/No) Do you have a basic foundation and understanding of Microsoft Directory Services DHCP, Active Directory, DNS?
(Yes/No) Do you have a basic foundation and understanding of Windows user rights and permissions?