Engineer/ Electrician- Full Time with Miami HEAT in Miami, FL
Miami HEAT jobs
Sports Jobs in Miami, FL
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Electrician
Description of the Position: The HEAT Group is looking for an Engineer/Electrician to repair and maintain all electrical equipment in and around the building. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoot all electrical malfunctions. Repair all inoperable electrical equipment and circuits.
- Develop and follow preventative maintenance schedule for all electrical machinery, equipment, and wiring.
- Prepare, repair and maintain electrical fixtures and sockets to run required wires as requested by the event.
- Inspect and assist on all electrical work and wiring to insure the facility meets safety standards.
- Advise the facility of any and all problems related to the electrical systems. Report any event-caused damages to supervisor.
- Maintain, stock inventory, order and pick-up adequate spare electrical parts and supplies; when ordering, follow purchase order SOP for all orders over $100.
- Advise supervisor, construction contractors, promoters, event coordinators and other on event’s electrical requirements.
- Assist with special event preparation, conversions and post event needs, as requested.
- Catalog all work, repairs and projects through the building maintenance work order system.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Assists co-workers in the Engineering and Operations departments with projects.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, scissor lifts or other light power-driven equipment.
- Respond to visual and audible alarms from the Fire Alarm system.
- Operate, monitor and repair emergency power generator, Fire Alarm system and Intelligent lighting control system for the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
High School diploma or G.E.D. and two (2) years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Possess thorough understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility. Demonstrate knowledge and proper use of all procedures, techniques, machines, materials, equipment and tools used in electrical construction and maintenance. Understand and work from general instructions and specifications and follow blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules. Ability to follow all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures. Possess either a Master or Journeyman electrical license and any other certificates and/or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation system. Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the facility’s state.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP
How did you hear about this job?
(Yes/No) Do you have a Master electrical license?
(Yes/No) Do you have at least 5 years of commercial electrical experience?