Data Analyst with Miami HEAT in Miami, FL
Miami HEAT jobs
Sports Jobs in Miami, FL
Marketing: Database Marketing/Analytics
The Miami HEAT is seeking a talented Data Analyst to join our Strategy & Data Analytics department. As our Data Analyst, you will lead the design, development, operational support and maintenance of ongoing systems, metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions. You will also be responsible for working with end users to ensure user acceptance testing and a complete delivery of operational, reporting, and analytical solutions. Additionally, you will coordinate and provide on-going staff training on supported platforms to ensure internal user adoption and retention metrics are met.
- Essential Requirements: Bachelor's Degree required with emphasis in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, or Computer Science preferred. MBA or Master's Degree preferred. At least two years of business experience preferred. Ideal candidate will have previous experience in business analytics within the sports industry or in management consulting, as well as the following:
- Advance experience using and administrating a Business Intelligence visualization tool/server
- Tableau or Power BI experience: Power BI strongly preferred
- Strong understanding and experience in visualization/ dashboard development best practices
- Must be able to submit a strong portfolio of previous work during interview process
- Demonstrate experience in data mining techniques as well as knowledge and understanding of core data warehousing/ database terminology.
- Strong SQL knowledge a must.
- MDX/ DAX preferred
- Experience leveraging data-driven programming techniques and grasps core statistical terminologies and concepts
- R and/or Python experience a plus
- Familiarity and proficiency with Archtics preferred
The successful candidate will be available to work nights and weekends as necessary, possess the ability to learn, unlearn, and re-learn emerging technologies, and quickly adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have a Bachelor's Degree?
Do you have Power BI or Tableau experience?
Do you have strong knowledge of SQL?