Los Angeles Lakers Careers
Manager, Game Entertainment with Los Angeles Lakers in El Segundo, CA
Los Angeles Lakers jobs
Sports Jobs in El Segundo, CA
Marketing: Game Operations/Presentation
Job Title: Manager, Game Entertainment
Department: Marketing/Game Entertainment (GE)
Reports to: Director, Game Entertainment
Manages: Control Room Crew (AEG Part-Time Employees) in conjunction with other Manager, Game Entertainment
Department Goal: To provide fans the most engaging, unique and exciting in-person experience in the NBA, regardless of score, so they always choose to attend the game in person.
Position Summary: The Manager, Game Entertainment will serve as the assistant producer to the Director, Game Entertainment during the live production of Lakers games. This role will also be tasked with taking a creative role in developing ideas and concepts for in-game entertainment and will develop and maintain the department’s video organization archive.
Key metrics used to evaluate performance:
- Fan feedback – survey on performance from the NBA, in addition to a potential Lakers Season Ticket Member survey of department performance.
- Accurate execution of all game-entertainment elements during games (Main boards, corner, ribbon and rings).
- Accurate and up to date records for the department’s video archive and game day script.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Collaborate with Director, GE and Creative Director to develop ideas and content for in-game entertainment
- Corporate Partner, Community Relations, etc.
- Help create new ideas and fan engaging elements for each season
- Create and maintain video archive and organization system
- Log all videos into the system and ensure the accuracy of script
- Work closely with Director, GE and Manager, GE to keep the control room systems accurate and up to date
- Serve as in-control room producer, and back-up producer, during games, working closely with the show director
- Ensure all graphics/videos/animations are correct before they are sent to the boards
- Assist the show director and control room staff on game flow
- Serve as the main point of contact for Corporate Partner animations and videos
- Work closely with Manager, GE to load all content and test to ensure correct animations/videos are running during each game
- Book anthems and engaging halftime shows
- Serve as main point of contact and manage database of performers
- Coordinate with all venues, including preseason arenas, to ensure media is compatible with current arena equipment
Education (Required/Preferred): Bachelor’s Degree (required) in related field TV/Video Production (preferred)
Previous Experience: Minimum five (5) years of experience working in live sporting events, with emphasis on producing live events
- Understanding of all control room equipment and essential functions during live events
- Adobe Creative Suite
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- High level of attention to detail and works well under pressure
- Knowledge of all types of file formats and the conversion process to get the correct formatted videos to our video board, website, social media platforms, sponsors, and broadcast partners
- A self-starter who can adapt and deliver high-quality work products in an ever-changing environment
- A passion for basketball and its history
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift a min of 25lbs. and wear a headset during events
Location: UCLA Health Training Center, El Segundo/STAPLES Center
Travel: Less than 10% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?