In-Arena Game Host - Los Angeles Lakers (El Segundo · CA)
Los Angeles Lakers jobs
Sports Jobs in El Segundo · CA
Event Management: Live Event Production: Announcers, DJs, MCs
Job Title: In-Arena Game Host
Department: Game Entertainment
Reports to: Director, Game Entertainment
Position Summary: The Los Angeles Lakers In-Arena Game Host will work under the supervision of the Director, Game Entertainment and will service as an in-arena personality for all Lakers home games, including pre-season, regular season and playoffs. The In-Arena Host will abide by all NBA rules and procedures and follow the requests of LAL staff and sponsors.
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Responsible for facilitating live promotions during all Los Angeles Lakers home games. This includes pre-season games, regular season games and playoffs
- Hosting interactive contests, on-court promotions and conducting fan interviews
- Ensure all game entertainment, promotions and activities are explained clearly and accurately to fans
- Shoot promotional / marketing pieces for partners or team
- Prior usage of in-ear IFB for communication a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have ability to engage/excite the crowd
- Able to memorize/recite script as well as improvise during promotion
- Must be able to follow strict timing and adjust when necessary
- Must demonstrate a strong on-camera presence, professionalism, ability to work under pressure
- Strong knowledge of the Los Angeles Lakers brand, along with our corporate partners
- Must have positive attitude and represent the brand in a professional manner
- Must be able to work with all levels of management, staff, fans, etc.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
Location: Downtown Los Angeles (Staples Center for Laker home games), and other occasional off-site events
Hours: Must be available to work all Lakers home games
Submissions MUST include a reel or a video bio, and also can include any other material that showcases the applicant’s personality and uniqueness.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please include a link to a reel or a video bio or any other material that showcases the applicant’s personality and uniqueness.