Director, Marketing & Brand Strategy with LA Clippers in Los Angeles, CA
LA Clippers jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Our Marketing team is looking for a Director of Marketing and Brand Strategy to join its DTLA-based group. As Director, you will take the lead on the creation and implementation of strategic and tactical plans for all marketing activities; including but not limited to: brand strategy, digital engagement, advertising, email marketing, demand and lead generation, and project management.
To be considered, you should exhibit a successful history of directing brand strategy and execution, digital marketing proficiency, using data to inform and support your decisions, and a willingness to be hands-on with execution.
This position will reside in our Downtown Los Angeles office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute annual marketing plans in alignment with company goals.
- Establish and champion brand story across all campaigns and materials.
- Craft and lead marketing and brand campaigns, including: ticket on-sale launch, jersey launch and more.
- Lead paid media strategy, ensuring proper segmentation and channel placement.
- Handle agency relationships by guiding campaigns, creative, and media buys.
- Lead demand generation strategy to attract new consumers to the purchase funnel, with a framework encompassing lead generation, nurturing, conversion and retention.
- Interact cross-functionally to develop revenue opportunities supporting ticket sales, season ticket memberships, and retention programs.
- Review and optimize performance of all marketing activities to maximize conversions, revenue and return on investment; and to assess against goals and benchmarks.
- Own email marketing strategy, email marketing calendar and development of content.
- Provide hands-on tactical leadership to marketing team
- Establish project management process to better collaborate between departments.
Characteristics / Qualifications
- 7+ years of meaningful experience in marketing and brand management.
- Experience directing brand, digital marketing and demand generation programs
- Knowledge and interest in pop culture including sports, music, lifestyle, and film & television.
- Understanding of the ticket sales cycle and ticket demand
- Bachelor’s degree required
- High attention to detail with ability to handle projects from origin through execution
- Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial with hands-on approach towards business
Led by Chair Steve Ballmer, the LA Clippers in 2018-19 are competing in the franchise’s 49th season and 35th in Los Angeles. They recently extended a franchise record, completing their seventh consecutive winning season in 2017-18. The team has logged the NBA’s 5th-best record over the course of head coach Doc Rivers’ five-year tenure. The Clippers are committed to the city of Los Angeles and through the LA Clippers Foundation, provide resources and opportunities that make a positive difference toward leveling the playing field for youth in Southern California. Visit the Clippers online at www.clippers.com or follow them on social media @LAClippers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper’s desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
How did you hear about this job?