This position requires a dynamic, professional, energetic, creative sales leader with a successful selling track record (preferred) in collegiate, minor league and/or professional sports. This position represents one of the key sales roles within the framework of the franchise structure, responsible for helping the franchise meet its financial goals while delivering the highest level of customer service possible.
- Responsible for solicitation, presentation and procurement of annual sponsorship sales.
- Responsible for the direct sales of partnership and advertising packages that may include the following: stadium signage, tickets, group hospitality, parking, merchandising opportunities, promotions, radio, internet and game program advertising, events, and others elements.
- Responsible for generating and developing new business through leads lists, name collection activities, cold calls, networking events, speaking engagements, etc.
- Maintain a high standard of integrity during the sales and service process with each Corporate Partner or potential Corporate Partner.
- Assist in the fulfillment aspect of all partnership accounts.
- Keep accurate sales files, customer services files, call reports, appointment schedule reports, and prospect reports
- Maintain weekly communication on all activity reports.
- Prepare sales proposals.
- Follows and ensures implementation all team sales programs.
- Assist with the development of team sales databases
- Assist with the sales campaigns.
- Works with Corporate Partner Services and Event Services to implement sales themes, promotions, and events.
- Learn partner objectives, sales, marketing & community development initiatives as well as hot buttons related to partner needs, wants and likes and dislikes.
Ideal Candidate will be:
- Professional, aggressive individual willing to lead by example.
- Highly motivated with a desire to break new ground in the NBA Development League
- Comfortable and confident on the phone or in individual/group presentation settings.
- Strong communication and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint preferred).
- Detail-oriented and organized; ability to handle several projects at once.
- Documented sports sales experience (minimum of 2-3 years) with a collegiate, minor league and/or professional sports team is preferred.
- Passionate about basketball and willing to promote the product throughout the marketplace.
- Has excellent listening and relationship selling skills.
- Available to work long hours, weekends and/or holidays.
- Competitive health and dental coverage.
- Commission structure.
- Position is dependent upon level of experience