The Texas Legends NBA G-League in Frisco, TX is currently seeking interns for the Community Relations Department. Texas Legends interns are part-time and allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional sports organization through hands on experience. Internships are unpaid but students are encouraged to seek college credit wherever possible. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong organizational skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to collaborate with fellow team members for the achievement of department goals. We are looking for someone willing to blend easily into a team environment, but driven to take the initiative to succeed when presented with individual work responsibilities
The Community Relations Intern will be responsible for the following duties:
Community Relations Duties
- Assist with community outreach events
- Participate in various ventures to collect information for organization outreach database
- Weekly participate of Texas Legends “Street Team” to engage fans, communicate promotions, ect.
- Assist Project Manager with various tasks as needed
- Currently enrolled or plan to enroll in an undergraduate program- preferred majors: Sport Management, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or other related field.
- Applicable social media skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, primarily Word and Excel
- Apply sooner than later.
- Potential applicants will be contacted through e-mail.
- In-person interviews will be scheduled following e-mail correspondence.
- Internship will run from September 2019 - May 2020
- Phone calls will not be taken for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.