Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
Coach and lead youth basketball camps and clinics with the focus on developing the skills of youth participants, develop fans, and generate revenue from youth basketball related events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain relationships with top basketball facilities, basketball leagues, programs, and community organizations/agencies throughout the state of Ohio and in Western PA. Additionally, connect with facilitators of any Jr. NBA directed youth marketing programs that are hosted in the greater Cleveland market with the goal of driving new members for the Cavaliers youth sports affiliate program and ticket sales revenue
- Oversee Youth Basketball development staff; hire, manage, train and certify suitable individuals for Basketball Development Team.
- Design and Develop activation strategies to recruit trainees and exceed registration goals for each Cavaliers Academy Event.
- Evaluate and define the Cavaliers Academy basketball development goals and create a training curriculum that reflects a pathway to accomplish those goals.
- Create and develop exclusive content to be provided for our Cavs Youth Sports communication channels to further engage and connect with our fans.
- Identify new youth and adult segments for the Affiliate program, set meetings and assist Ticket Sales with making pitches.
- Develop and execute the Cleveland Cavaliers Elite Tournaments, Hoops Series and more as avenues for the Cleveland Cavaliers to be involved in all levels of basketball and to inspire fans with stories beyond basketball.
- Oversee basketball related operational logistics for all off-site Camps, Clinics, Leagues, and Tournaments.
- Collaborate with the Director, Fan Development to provide timely program info in support of driving a proactive approach toward implementing strategic campaign opportunities that support the growth of participation and the development of our fan base, build brand visibility, and drive revenue.
Requirements and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Camp Administration or a relevant field required
- Two years of experience hosting camps, managing tournaments and other sports related events is required
- Past experience playing, coaching and/or management experience within the sport of basketball is preferred
- Prior experience with a professional sports team is a plus
- Prior experience managing direct reports preferred
- Must possess dynamic leadership capabilities and a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple daily tasks and meet deadlines
- Highly organized with attention to detail throughout all job responsibilities is necessary
- Must possess a team player attitude with the ability to collaborate and engage groups and other employees is critical
- Strong verbal communication skills, presentation skills and customer service skills required
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays as needed