Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
General Description/ Job Summary:
The Vice President of Sustainability & Environmental Services (VP of SES) develops and implements strategy and policy for Rock Entertainment Group (REG) globally and works across the corporation to ensure the effective implementations of these strategies. The VP of SES is responsible for developing the vision for Environmental Health & Sustainability and promoting that vision in a way that wins the hearts and minds of team members and rallies their efforts around a vision that motivates and inspires them. The VP is seen as the thought leader for SES within REG who provides guidance and direction to all functions across the corporation and provokes thoughtfulness in higher-level conversations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create, communicate, and implement the organization’s SES vision, mission, roadmap, and corporate strategic plan.
- Develop and implement corporate policies for SES.
- Collaborates across the company (e.g., with the business teams, venue operations, engineering, legal, sourcing, marketing, finance, etc.) to develop implement and manage Sustainability & Environmental Service programs, policies and procedures that ensure compliance with established company and government regulations/policies.
- Collaborates directly with Communications, Guest Experiences, and Social Media teams to help drive engagement across our fan base about our sustainability journey.
- Collaborates with Corporate Partnerships to help leverage our current partners and engage with new sustainability and environmental service partners to help drive revenues.
- Assess and analyze company policies and processes to identify and prioritize areas in and process to which improvements can be made in accordance with the organization’s commitment to sustainability, including, but not limited to green leases, environmental procurement, and alternative financing for capital projects that improve building sustainability.
- Interface with external sustainability stakeholder meetings, such as the Circular Cleveland Initiative, relating to REG’s responses to questions or statements of position on sustainability related matters.
- Develops and tracks Sustainability metrics/KPI’s with the GOAL Platform to drive continuous improvement and ensure compliance. Identifies gaps, prioritizes concerns, and develops action items that may impact capital planning, and operations planning.
- Manages associated Sustainability & Environmental Service statistics and recordkeeping requirements.
- Coordinates and track corrective actions from audits, observations, to ensure compliance and continuous improvement in Sustainability & Environmental Services.
- Support plans with outside agencies in areas of permits, due diligence, and items of non-conformance pertaining to Sustainability & Environmental Services.
- Develops schedules and teams for internal sustainability and environmental audits.
- Serves as an internal leader and subject matter expert on Sustainability & Environmental Services, monitoring emerging trends, programs, and issues, and communicating and education others on relevant topics.
- Serves as a champion and exerts influence to embed SES as a priority in our culture.
- Supports the company’s efforts to attain sustainability goals.
- Define SES governance and management structure.
- Plan and deploy Sustainability & Environmental Services for management operations including identifying management processes, controls, and metrics (e.g., establishing and maintaining performance targets)
- Create the appropriate culture to support the company objectives by rewarding excellence, creating, and maintaining integration and partnerships, establishing, and maintaining talent capabilities and competencies, incorporating relating messaging into communication channels, and assuring independent management access to appropriate authority in REG.
- Assess SES management performance and drive continual improvement by rationalizing improvement opportunities with business strategy and chartering championing improvement projects or programs to address opportunities in conjunction with business leaders.
Work Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree in sustainability, environmental science, engineering, business, economics, planning or a related field or equivalent mix of experience and education.
- 7+ years’ experience in sustainability/environmental management-focused roles
- Thorough and current knowledge of sustainability practices, and applicable laws and regulations
- Pragmatic thinking about improving sustainability practices and skill in developing cost/benefit analyses of impact of corporate sustainability decisions.
- Knowledge of science-based targets and environmental sustainability reporting frameworks
- Ability to translate technical topics into terms that are meaningful to more general audiences.
- Detail oriented self-starter who can influence across functions and diverse stakeholder groups.
- Ability to create, interpret and execute a budget.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and multitasking skills.
- Strong leadership skills to lead & manage the utility management team.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint)
Additional Information: Experience working in a large organization, and in key relevant environmental issues as the relate to corporate operations. Be very flexible regarding work hours, often working multiple shifts, and weekends; Be able to work effectively with all levels of staff, management, owners, and players; Be very flexible. Events and activities change at moment’s notice and must be able to adapt; Organize and prioritize work to allow handling more than one project at a time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.