Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
The Cleveland Monsters are professional hockey team and the affiliate of the Columbus Blue Jackets. The Monsters are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse organization, owned by a group led by the Cleveland Cavaliers Majority Owner and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert.
The Cleveland Monsters Game Presentation team is the highly professional production group responsible for all aspects of fan entertainment for Monsters home games at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. This team manages the planning, preparation, and activation of all entertainment elements of the game day experience, including pre-game excitement, player introductions, time out promotions, intermissions, scoreboard promotions, and entertainment teams, as well as all other aspects of the fan experience at Quicken Loans Arena, to name a few areas of focus.
The Dance Coach of the MONSTERS HOCKEY DANCE TEAM reports to the Senior Manager of Dance & Entertainment Teams and the Senior Director of Game Presentation. The dance coach is a motivated individual, with well-rounded and proven dance and performance background in professional and/or collegiate dance, including choreography, costuming, and in-game presentation.
This is a part-time, hourly position.
- Schedule and lead team practices (traditionally twice a week), starting in September through end of season (regular season ends in April).
- Attend and supervise dance team at 38+ home games and at local appearances
- Precision Hip Hop Dance choreographer
- Coach/supervise 10-14 professional dancers
- Prepare sideline material, timeout performances, concourse engagement, suite visits and other in-game elements.
- Oversee material for routines, including staging, special effects
- Track team member hours and input hours into payroll
- Assist with updating team social media accounts
- Assist with photo shoots for promotional use.
- Assist with coordinating partnerships for the team including partners for hair, make-up, fitness and tanning.
- Prioritize fan activation and fan value. Embrace our ability to be the “home ice advantage.” Develop content to be a key addition to all in-arena and marketing activations for Monsters Hockey.
- Continual research of current events, pop-culture events, music trends and trending topics… and the ability to put those ideas to action quickly.
- Work in partnership with the game presentation team to define in-game presentation, including music, choreography, costuming, and other supporting elements.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 4 years of Pro dance experience with 1-2 years of coaching experience, preferred.
- Experience with sideline dance.
- Experience working with game operations and fan engagement elements.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with implementing activation plans.
- Proficient in social media and current popular trends.
- Must have an open and creative mind.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills to lead a group of dancers and interact with production teams.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Flexible work schedule to allow for 4:30 PM arrival on weekday game days.
- Knowledge of hockey, preferred but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.