We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Under the guidance of the department’s team leaders, this person will observe and learn the functions of the Cavaliers Ticket Sales & Service Team by participating in various team activities, events and day-to-day operations.
Experience will be gained in the following areas:
Administrative function as it pertains to maintaining client records
Assist with all departmental activities including: coordination of Cavs United Member mailings, social media sites, data entry, processing and tracking Cavs United membership materials, management of incoming and outgoing mail and assist in the execution of special events. This person will support the sales team with managing and developing marketing and sales materials and assisting in the distribution of this material to current and potential customers.
Hands-on Sales experience as it relates to game day responsibilities
Assist in game day activities, which include: helping with pre-game programs, in-game experiences and events, and post-game programs as it relates to Ticket Sales & Service. In addition, this person will answer sales and service related questions during the game, set-up Membership Headquarters and hang and remove all corporate box signs before and after the game, respectively.
Special Event Coordination
Assist in the coordination/implementation of special events hosted at the arena or off-site, based on current need. Events include (not limited to): Cavs United Members Meeting, Suite and Premium Receptions, Seat Relocation Day, WinterFest, Prospect Events, Chalk Talks, Cavaliers Annual Career Fair, etc.
Hands-on Sales Experience as it relates to preparation for the upcoming season
Assists with providing a high level of support and customer service to group leaders and members, as well as conducts research on fan development and other sales opportunities.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer literacy is required; experience in Prezi and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) is preferred. Experience in related activities at the college level is preferred.
- Must be organized and enjoy detail. Must be flexible, able to accept direction and constructive criticism, as necessary, and to absorb and work on multiple projects.
- Must take responsibility seriously and be independently motivated.
- Maturity and the ability to distinguish between ordinary and out-of-ordinary events and/or circumstances are essential.
- Must be available to work irregular hours including: Cavs home games, nights and weekends.
- Interest or college coursework in Sports Management and/or Marketing preferred.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and advisors, any individual working onsite in our offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.