Marketing Coordinator, Media Strategy
JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Cleveland Cavaliers marketing team is dedicated to developing breakthrough, engaging marketing initiatives and delivering the highest levels of Customer service and championship experiences to our Fans each and every day. In addition to developing and executing marketing strategies for The Cavs, our team supports the Cleveland Monsters, Canton Charge, Cleveland Gladiators, and Quicken Loans Arena events. We are seeking a Marketing Coordinator, Media Strategy to join our team of sincerely passionate, extremely motivated and highly energized marketers.
The Marketing Coordinator, Media Strategy will assist with the media advertising (TV, Radio, Digital, Outdoor, Print, etc.) and media promotional campaigns for the Cleveland Cavaliers marketing team. The successful candidate will be charged with providing strategic planning recommendations geared toward increasing single game ticket and Wine & Gold United Membership sales, driving campaign awareness/ROI and building overall team/brand awareness. The Marketing Coordinator, Media Strategy is responsible for trafficking and tracking all marketing-driven content to ensure accuracy and effectiveness, and providing ongoing analysis and actionable recommendations to proactively optimize campaign performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MEDIA PROMOTIONS SUPPORT
- Concepts, creates and fulfills media promotions for the marketing team focusing on major ticket sales campaigns, key initiatives, and general promotions.
- Increases promotion-to-cash ratios with all media partners.
- Develops and activates high-impact, low-cost/no-cost promotions that support team objectives.
- Supports the marketing team in cross-promoting brand initiatives across all other properties as well as arena events, with particular focus on ticket sales.
MEDIA CAMPAIGN SUPPORT AND EXECUTION
- Works in partnership with marketing team colleagues, ticket sales and corporate partnership teams to define and activate saleable opportunities.
- Supports the marketing aspects of the Cavs Radio Network – a group of affiliate radio stations in regional markets - through maintenance spot schedules, on-air ticket giveaways as well as organizing key promotional initiatives.
- Works with regional markets (i.e. Akron/Canton, Columbus, Cincinnati, etc.) as appropriate, to promote relevant games and scrimmages.
- Leverages experience, best practices, and a focus on innovation to develop digital strategies in support of marketing campaigns and key initiatives.
- Proven ability to think strategically about the digital marketing landscape
- Works closely with enterprise creative design and digital teams to align digital strategies and develop digital creative.
- Leads the development and execution of the marketing team’s paid search strategy, with support from analytics and digital teams.
- Serves as digital team liaison, working directly with the digital team to develop marketing-team specific digital strategies, leveraging best practices, and keeping marketing team abreast of digital team plans (and vice versa)
BUDGET MANAGEMENT AND PARTNER ADMINISTRATION
- Documents contracts, cost estimates, approvals, job orders, and post-buy analysis with precision.
- Works with overall budget owner to ensure all media line items are appropriately accounted for.
- Assists leadership team in media partner agreement negotiations.
- Supports the overall growth and success objectives of the Cleveland Cavaliers and all partner companies, including the Cleveland Monsters, Canton Charge, Cleveland Gladiators, and Quicken Loans Arena.
- Performs administrative duties as needed for the marketing team, including setting up meetings, making copies, running errands, and other similar tasks.
- Submits promotions information and materials to the NBA for review as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Manager of Event & Arena Marketing and the marketing leadership team.
How did you hear about this job?