Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
The Manager, Franchise Partnerships role is responsible for the development of new business as well as the management, execution, revenue growth and renewal of Franchise partnership accounts (including Cleveland Monsters and Charge G-League franchises). The individual in this role is expected to drive new business for our franchise properties, and to to consistently work internally and externally to create strategic activations and vision for corporate partners. Through this role, they will drive revenue and facilitate these integrated marketing platforms that include assets such as promotional programs, media, digital, community relations, hospitality and other marketing programing. The role is expected to have strong contributions for revenue growth through both new business development and by renewing and upselling, including but not limited to marketing and hospitality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive new business through targeted partnership sales strategies
- Network in the business community to create new partnership leads
- Be solutions driven to delivers value for both Cavaliers Holdings, LLC and both current and prospective partnership accounts
- Lead and manage all initiatives in the renewal process, including but not limited to developing a strategic plan, leading meetings, discussions, negotiations, creating detailed upsell opportunities and revised partnership elements within overall business philosophy (inventory, parameter, category management)
- Develop and maintain personal and business relationships with all levels of partnership accounts (i.e., day-to-day contacts, Sr. Management, C-Level Executives, Owners, etc.)
- Proactively seeks and cultivates new ideas to present to clients for new business and upsell opportunities to grow the business
- Meet and exceed new business development goals as assigned
- Meet and exceed established upsell and renewal revenue goals as assigned
- Contributes to all thoughts, efforts and actions to boost overall revenue for the organization
- Responsible for understanding each assigned account’s business goals and objectives to provide ideas and recommendations to grow their business that meet those goals and objectives
- Clearly communicate both written and verbal detailed pitches for new opportunities or upsells to enhance each partnership and grow the business
- Develop a strong understanding for each client’s business including their industry, competition, challenges, budget processes and other relevant information pertaining to each assigned account.
- Stay abreast of articles and publications pertaining to sponsorships, sports, agencies, marketing, advertising, partner industries, local and regional news, and other related categories (i.e., Twitter, Facebook, Websites, Blogs, Magazines, Newspapers, etc.) and sharing relevant information with the team
- Lead proactive communication and initiatives to connect assigned partners to the network of the Cleveland Cavaliers’ customer base and family of partners to establish B2B opportunities and success stories that grow the partner’s business
- Provide thorough proof-of-performance and recaps on a regular basis to all partners that include measurement, demonstrate ROI and ROO, and tells the story of the partnership through images and storytelling
- Manage and track all account history, relationship touch points, and partnership details in CRM on a consistent basis
- Attend regular network and promotional events to develop and maintain touch points with clients and other business colleagues around the industry locally, regionally and nationally.
- Liaise with other departments for ideation and execution regarding sponsored programs while developing and maintaining strong internal relationships
- Attend Monsters and Charge home games as well as some Cavs games, in addition to other Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse events, to host current and potential new partners, create meaningful touchpoints and manage partnership execution as needed
- Work consistently with SponsorUnited, ZoomInfo, YouGov, LinkedIn and other sales and measurement tools in addition to working with the Business Intelligence Group to provide thorough discovery, measurement, results and opportunities for assigned partners
- Create and execute on a strategic added value plan (i.e., advertising exposure, promotions, programing, B2B connections, etc.) for all corporate partners while conforming to all budgetary constrictions established in Partner Agreements and protecting the integrity and value of company elements
- Responsible to cultivate and support new ideas, maintain a relentless drive for success, and an engaging and positive attitude to meet goals and add value to the organization in a team first driven way.
- Be solution driven, responsible to develop solutions to all challenges or restrictions that arise internally as well as within corporate partnership relationships and contractual obligations as well as throughout the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in sports management, communications or marketing is preferred.
- Two plus years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability and passion for pitching and selling concepts to clients that lead to revenue growth
- Must be cooperative, courteous, and tactful in dealing with people at all levels of an organization
- Must be timely and have a flexible work schedule in order to deal effectively with special event responsibilities throughout the year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.