Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
The Manager, Franchise Partnership Development Executive is responsible for creating and selling integrated corporate partnerships for the Canton Charge (NBA D-League team), Cleveland Monsters (AHL team), and Cavs Legion GC (NBA2K League team) owned and operated by the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Manager, Franchise Partnership Development Executive constantly relates to the client as a business advisor, economist, advertising counselor and marketing/merchandising coordinator. The position is based on salary/commission and bonus potential. The Manager, Franchise Partnership Development is expected to work special events and all home games, as well as normal business hours. The goal of the Manager, Franchise Partnership Development is to achieve an overall Corporate Partnerships individual goal for each Franchise team as well as help the Franchise teams hit overall revenue goals. On occasion the Manager, Franchise Partnership Development will have the opportunity to integrate the Cleveland Cavaliers into Franchise partnerships.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or exceed established goals set yearly for new business.
- Establish and grow existing and new partners selling: radio; signage; print; community relations; hospitality; promotions; and digital assets.
- Prospect new business clients via:
- Investigative appointments- gathering information about the prospective company.
- Discussions with key decision-makers- learning their needs.
- Effective presentations-satisfying their needs through integrated solutions.
- Dynamic programs-developing new and exciting promotions.
- Managing obstacles-reacting to and overcoming problems or objections.
- Accurate closing-executing contract, billing, and collecting revenue.
- Follow-up—implementing all aspects of the partnership while working daily or as needed with the partner services area to ensure all of the following:
- Follow-up on all deadlines, making sure all materials are on time.
- Assist and direct the implementation of promotions, develop POP displays, and arrange prizes.
- Ensure proper traffic of all media.
- Coordinate details of partner group nights, i.e. book dinners, arrange speakers, coordinate personnel.
- Act as a liaison between partner and Community Relations Team for player/announcer appearances.
- Oversee and present recaps on all partner involvement.
- Ensure that all NBA D-League, AHL and Arena Football and team regulations are properly adhered to.
- Renew all existing business. Entertain and nurture relationships with current and prospective clients through the various means available.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, communications or marketing.
- MINIMUM of two years’ experience in sports, media, and/or direct sales; sports/event marketing experience is required.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.