Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
The Cavaliers Operating Company, LLC is seeking a talented Manager, Digital Products who will be responsible for helping drive engaging and impactful user experiences through the Cleveland Cavaliers website and mobile app. The role, under the guidance of the department’s team leader, will be focused on driving business impact by ensuring a great user experience for our fans in a rapidly changing digital landscape.
In this role, you will work closely with the digital content and product teams along with various other internal teams such as the Team’s Creative and Video team, Community Relations, Sales, Corporate Partnerships, Box office, Business Intelligence Group, Communications, IT / Development, Franchise Properties, Youth Sports, and Marketing to help create digital experiences that drive business results. Your primary responsibility will be to create a great fan experience across digital and mobile platforms for Cavs fans while driving business results. Other responsibilities include:
- Champions the highest standard in digital experiences across all the Cavs digital products.
- Manages and supports the design, development, maintenance, and continual optimization of Cavs.com, with a key focus on user experience, user interface, Search Engine Optimization, and back-end utility.
- Leads and manages one direct report.
- Collectively oversees the long-term strategy of Cavs.com, the Cavs profile, and all the Cavs digital products, with a focus on quality control and user experience.
- Oversees all aspects of the Cavs profile, including day-to-day operations, quality control, user experience enhancements, innovative engagement opportunities, measurement, and regular reporting.
- Creates and leads our web and mobile design system.
- Manage and support mobile web and app refinement, including determining strategic direction, successful implementation, and quality assessment.
- Manage relationships with internal and external partners to ideate, implement and track digital initiatives.
- Develop project outlines, implementation plans and workback schedules
- Train and transfer knowledge to the team and organization to distribute the management of Cavs.com sections, email templates, landing pages and sweepstakes.
- Ensure stakeholders are professionally trained and equipped to execute their areas on cavs.com, sweepstakes, landing pages, etc.
- Build and distribute analytics dashboards to highlight performance results, assess KPI achievement, and explain key insights.
- Stays up to date with the latest digital media trends and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Genuine passion for Digital User Experience – you gotta’ love this stuff!
- 2-5 years of experience supporting consumer-facing web sites and mobile applications (digital agency or client-side digital marketing function).
- Experience with CMSs (Drupal, WordPress, or something similar) and ability to perform maintenance of digital products.
- Experience using Ceros to build web pages or something similar.
- User experience and user interface design experience.
- Experience working with development teams and porting in data to an experience via API.
- Proven experience with analytics, and in connecting web and mobile app metrics to business goals.
- Familiarity with and sensitivity to compliance with data privacy laws worldwide, including GDPR.
- Experience-based knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge of online measurement strategies, tools, and technologies.
- Demonstrable results from digital properties you have worked on.
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal - able to present and sell ideas.
- Enough technical knowledge to provide effective oversight on operations.
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong creative thinking and ability to plan and propose innovative ideas.
- Desire to seize opportunities and take initiative without needing to be told.
- Professionalism, and a strong work ethic are essential.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and game nights as assigned.
- Must be organized, highly motivated and team oriented.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.