Global Corporate Partnership Marketing, Manager/Director
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
The Partnership Marketing, Manager is responsible for the management, execution, revenue growth and renewal of high profile Cavaliers Holdings LLC sponsor accounts (including Cavaliers, Cleveland Monsters, Canton Charge, Cleveland Gladiators and other properties as assigned). The individual in this role is expected to consistently work internally and externally to create strategic activations and vision for corporate partners and facilitate these integrated marketing platforms that include assets such as promotional programs, media, digital, community relations, hospitality and other marketing programing. The role is expected to have strong contributions for revenue growth of their account base and provide overall revenue growth within the business through strategic upsells, including but not limited to marketing and hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop & maintain personal and business relationships with all levels of partner contacts (i.e. day to day contacts, Sr. Management, C level executives, owners, etc.)
- Lead & manage all initiatives in the renewal process, including but not limited to developing a strategic plan, leading meetings, discussions, & negotiations, creating detailed upsell opportunities & revised partnership elements within overall business philosophy (inventory, parameter, category management).
- Proactively seeks and cultivates new ideas to present to clients for upsell opportunities and grow the business
- Meet established upsell and renewal revenue goals as assigned.
- Contributes to all thoughts, efforts and actions to boost overall revenue for the organization;
- Responsible for understanding each assigned account’s business goals and objectives to provide ideas and recommendations to grow their business that meet those goals and objectives.
- Clearly communicate both written and verbal detailed pitches for new opportunities or upsells to enhance each partnership and grow the business.
- Develop a strong understanding for each client’s business including their industry, competition, challenges, budget processes and other relevant information pertaining to each assigned account.
- Stay abreast of articles and publications pertaining to sponsorships, sports, agencies, marketing, advertising, partner industries, local and regional news, and other related categories (ie Twitter, Facebook, Websites, Blogs, Magazines, Newspapers, etc.) and sharing relevant information with the team.
- Lead proactive communication and initiatives to connect assigned partners to the network of the Cleveland Cavaliers’ customer base and family of partners to establish B2B opportunities and success stories that grow the partner’s business.
- Provide thorough proof of performance and recaps on a regular basis to all partners that include measurement, demonstrate ROI and ROO, and tells the story of the partnership through images and storytelling of the partnership execution throughout the year.
- Manage and track all account history, relationship touch points, and partnership details in CRM on a consistent basis.
- Attend regular network and promotional events to develop and maintain touch points with clients and other business colleagues around the industry locally, regionally and nationally.
- Liaise with other departments for ideation & execution regarding sponsored programs while developing and maintaining strong internal relationships
- Attend Cavaliers home games, as well as Monsters, Charge and Gladiators games in addition to other Quicken Loans Arena events to host sponsors, create meaningful touchpoints and manage partnership execution.
- Work consistently with Scarborough, Repucom, Turnkey and other measurement tools in addition to working with the Analytics team to provide thorough measurement, results and opportunities for assigned partners.
- Create and execute on a strategic added value plan (i.e. advertising exposure, promotions, programing, B2B connections, etc.) for all corporate partners while conforming to all budgetary constrictions established in Partner Agreements and protecting the integrity and value of company assets.
- Responsible to cultivate and support new ideas, maintain a relentless drive for success, and an engaging and positive attitude to meet goals and add value to the organization in a team first driven way.
- Be solution driven, responsible to develop solutions to all challenges or restrictions that arise internally as well as within corporate partnership relationships and contractual obligations as well as throughout the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in communications or marketing is preferred.
- Five to 10 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability and passion for pitching and selling concepts to clients that lead to revenue growth
- Must have good computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be cooperative, courteous and tactful in dealing with people at all levels of an organization.
- Must be timely and have a flexible work schedule in order to deal effectively with special event responsibilities throughout the year.
How did you hear about this job?