Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
Responsibilities of the Director, Youth Sports Strategy, include but are not limited to:
· Developing and executing a strategic plan for the Youth Sports Department
· Increasing the Cavs Youth Sports footprint across Ohio, Western New York and Western Pennsylvania
· Contributing to the Cavs culture by sparking energy, motivating, and inspiring team members
· Establishing new relationships and enhancing current ones with facilities, programs, and key partners
· Identifying new opportunities within the Youth Sports space and providing recommendations to leadership
· Providing guidance to the Youth Sports Team by providing regular coaching, feedback and mentoring
· Being an active and collaborative leader across the organization
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Manager, Youth Basketball Operations with building and maintaining relationships with top basketball facilities, basketball leagues, programs, and community organizations/agencies throughout the state of Ohio and in Western PA and Western NY. Additionally, connect with facilitators of any Jr. NBA-directed youth marketing programs that are hosted in the greater Cleveland market with the goal of driving new members for the Cavaliers youth sports affiliate program and ticket sales revenue
- Assist the Manager, Youth Basketball Programs with the Cavs Academy development staff; hire, manage, train and certify suitable individuals for Basketball Development Team.
- Design and Develop activation strategies to recruit trainees and exceed registration goals for each Cavaliers Academy Event.
- Evaluate and define the Cavaliers Academy basketball development goals and create a training curriculum that reflects a pathway to accomplish those goals.
- Create and develop exclusive content to be provided for our Cavs Youth Sports communication channels to further engage and connect with our fans.
- Identify new youth and adult segments for the Affiliate program, set meetings and assist Ticket Sales with making pitches.
- Oversee the development and execution of the Cleveland Cavaliers Elite Tournaments, Hoops Series and more as avenues for the Cleveland Cavaliers to be involved in all levels of basketball and to inspire fans with stories beyond basketball.
- Oversee basketball related operational logistics for all off-site Camps, Clinics, Leagues, and Tournaments.
- Collaborate with the Director, Fan Development to provide timely program info in support of driving a proactive approach toward implementing strategic campaign opportunities that support the growth of participation and the development of our fan base, build brand visibility, and drive revenue.
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Sport Management, Business Administration, or similar field
- At least 3-5 years of experience managing direct reports, executing business plans, and collaborating with other departments and partners
- Past experience playing, coaching and/or management experience within the sport of basketball is preferred
- Prior experience with a professional sports team is a plus
- Must possess dynamic leadership capabilities and a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple daily tasks and meet deadlines
- Highly organized with attention to detail throughout all job responsibilities is necessary
- Must possess a team player attitude with the ability to collaborate and engage groups and other employees is critical
- Strong verbal communication skills, presentation skills and customer service skills required
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays as needed