Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The Director of Strategic and Executive Communications will be responsible for developing and executing Communications strategies to support the internal organization, executive spokespeople, and external storytelling. This role will work closely with the Basketball and Corporate Communications teams as well as members of the Senior Leadership Team to tell impactful stories that inspire team members, drive the culture, and strengthen our thought leadership position.
Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer, the Director of Strategic and Executive Communications will have primary responsibility for planning and drafting internal Communications that support key corporate initiatives, identifying and pursuing external speaking engagements and awards, managing and supporting department planning, driving efficiencies across key initiatives, and managing project timelines. This role also requires a firm understanding of Communications measurement tools and the latest strategies for monitoring, measuring, and gleaning insights from media coverage.
The successful candidate will be an exemplary communicator who can execute with excellence and attention to detail. Moreover, they will be a strategic thinker, creative change agent, and trusted business partner who can thrive in a fast-paced and highly dynamic business environment. This candidate must also be a strategic thinker who is comfortable gathering and synthesizing insights and direction from various stakeholders.
This role also requires a working knowledge of the sports, lifestyle, and tech media landscape and demonstrated business acumen.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and execute executive and internal communication strategies to support business priorities.
- Understand and participate in Communications team workflow, consistently and effectively ensuring high standards of collaboration and quality work product.
- Lead the planning and workflow process for the Communications organization, including identifying opportunities to develop innovative work processes.
- Drive efficiencies across crucial initiatives, including managing project timelines, managing the Communications planning process, and driving cross-team collaboration.
- Deep expertise in speech writing and persuasive storytelling for the ear and the heart, underpinned by an excellent ability to frame arguments, put enterprise initiatives in context, and communicate for engagement and impact.
- Lead process to vet all proactive and reactive speaking opportunities and make recommendations accordingly.
- Manage agenda and recaps for Communications team meetings.
- Write executive Communications as needed, including speeches, video or call scripts, talking points, press release quotes, social posts, all-company emails, etc.
- Prepare executives for external interviews and speaking opportunities.
- Ability to develop external media materials as necessary.
- Lead media monitoring and reporting process for key topics and company issues as needed.
Communicate and embody the culture, vision and overall direction of the organization.
Work Experience Requirement:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in professional sports, at a PR agency, or on the client side or corporate Communications.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience creating and implementing strategic Communications plans
- Effective and confident written and verbal communicator with expertise in AP Style writing.
- Proven track record of managing high-profile projects and strategic planning, from concept through implementation and measurement.
- Knowledge of Media and Communications principles, ethics, practices, and techniques, including technical requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills for managing business partner relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative and disruptive PR campaigns, execute media campaigns, and manage issues/ crises.
- Self-motivated and able to multitask/ manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with PR/Communications monitoring tools like Cision, Critical Mention, or Muck Rack is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of current events, industry, and business news
- Ability to work independently.
Education Requirement :
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, public relations, journalism or a related field preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.