Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of analysts and developers. The data engineer will lead efforts to expand and optimize our data infrastructure as well as optimize the data flows. The ideal candidate will have hands-on development experience using industry standard ETL tools combined with experience with standard database technologies. The individual will be expected to work with team members across multiple areas of the Rock Entertainment Group organization often playing several different roles within a project lifecycle. Excellent requirements gathering and communication skills are a must. This role will reside within the Data Operations department and will provide an opportunity to gain end-to-end experience in delivering best of breed data solutions. Rock Entertainment Group’s practice encompasses data strategy, data transformation, database technologies, business intelligence, predictive analytics, descriptive analytics, targeted digital marketing solutions and more.
- Help design, implement, and continuously optimize the organization’s customer data strategy
- Assemble large, complex data sets that are analysis-ready
- Serve as the technical lead for data warehousing/integration projects
- Provide thought leadership and lead efforts to design data integration and governance architecture and implement extract, transform and load (ETL) jobs/processes, detailed data warehouse models and data mappings
- Provide consultation on best practices and standard practices to internal team members and third-party partners.
- Lead design and build-out of infrastructure in conjunction with third-party to support information management and data integration.
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance with respect to customer data best practices and attention to quality documentation within Cleveland Cavaliers and partnering organizations.
- Perform performance optimization and tuning on new and/or existing data warehouse implementations. Provide detailed documentation, end user training and knowledge-transfer services to end users and partners of the Cavaliers Operating Company.
- Develop and maintain expertise in advanced and/or emerging data management and analytical information technologies such as data warehouse, data lake, Big Data, data warehouse appliances, and data virtualization. Continue professional and technical growth through corporate and personnel initiatives
- Must possess solid organization skills with the ability to communicate effectively with vendors and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in data modeling, ETL development, data warehousing, and APIs.
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist, Business Analyst) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Experience with a DW technology (Redshift, SQL Server, etc) and relevant data modeling
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (e.g. SQL, Python)
- Experience processing large amounts of data, in various formats and processing data in batch mode and streaming mode
- Exposure and knowledge of Security, encryption, and Data Governance.
- Experience with scalable service architecture and design
- Experience working with AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipelines, Lambda, etc.
- Experience working with Microsoft and Azure technologies – SQL Server, Blobs, Functions, Dynamics CRM, etc.
- Experience with automation and deployment (e.g. Azure DevOps, Cloudformation)
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (Tableau, SSAS Cubes, PowerBI, etc.)
- Experience building flexible data APIs that consumers use to power other parts of the business
- Awareness of best practices to secure data and processes from unauthorized access
- Strong interpersonal skills with the technical and business community
- Passion for using data to drive business decisions
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and advisors, any individual working onsite in our offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.