JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Under the direction of the Sr. Manager of Dance and Entertainment, the PowerHouse Dance Team Coach will serve as the point person for the leadership and management of the PowerHouse Dance Team. The PowerHouse Dance Team is a precision, hip-hop dance group. This is a competitive level team featuring tricks, tumbling and extremely dynamic choreography. The PowerHouse Dance Team Coach will be asked to create unique, show-stopping, buzz-creating performances that can be engaged and utilized on social channels. The Cavaliers PowerHouse Dance Team Coach will assist the Sr. Manager of Dance and Entertainment in premiering this world class entertainment team and prepare the team for their debut in the 2019 season. The ultimate goal of this position is to create an enthusiastic, energetic, high-performance, and high-quality dance team in keeping with Cleveland Cavaliers organizational and presentation standards.
NOTE: This is a part-time hourly job.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Choreograph and/or Oversee all PowerHouse Dance Team performances
- Create routine and practice schedules
- Dance technique and style development
- Collaborate with team leaders on halftime and artist collaborations
- Conceptualize lighting, LED, props and videography
- Collaborate with creative team on production visuals
- Morale and team building
- Establish team roles
- Attend all rehearsal
- Monitor squad
- Rule compliance
- Team communication
- Enforce team principles
- Work with Sr. Manager of Dance and Entertainment on Design
- Sizing, distribution and inventory
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating logistics
- Team Photo Shoot
- Collaborate with manager on design, backdrops and overall vision
- Coordinate location, timing and venue logistics
- Scheduling- Cavaliers Dance Team and needed staff
- Assist in coordinating location, timing and venue logistics
- Design- including signage, staging and event format
- Assist in scheduling of all staff and judges
- Recruitment/ Marketing plan and execution
- Audition prep classes
- In-season dance classes/ workshops
- Holiday and end of season parties
- Team building
- Archive and organize all photography
- Create individual PowerHouse Dance Team pages and galleries
- Update content- news, blog, photos and videos
- Ideate and execute new content
Additional mid-season photo and video shoots
- Plan all logistics
- Location and permits
- Scheduling- teams and needed staff
- Collaborate with photo and video team
- Execution of on–set styling
- Post Shoot
- Photo selection and distribution
- Submit selected photos for sizing and editing
- Organize photos to coincide with weekly social calendar
New Social Platforms
- Part of development plan for
- Sponsored video content
- Work with Sr. Manager of Dance and Entertainment on content
- Candidate must have an extensive dance background that illustrates prior experience with a dance team, as well as choreography experience in various styles of dance
- Minimum of 3 years teaching dance with at least 2 years of teaching adults. The ability to instruct and critique routines on a group and individual performance basis.
- A total understanding and implementation of the dance team's roles; Familiarity with a broad range of music; ability to recognize and react to “hot” projects.
- Strong sense of responsibility and organizational skills, mature management and leadership skills and the ability to work closely with the Game Presentation & Marketing teams.
- Ability to multi-task, be passionate and work under pressure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.