Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
Under the direction of the Building Crew Manager, performs various tasks to prepare the facility for events or work projects. Executes duties in support of facility and equipment operations and special projects as assigned. The general work shift is from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. but overtime will be required and hours may vary from the facility schedule.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives a forklift or walkie rider lift truck to unload truck deliveries at the loading docks.
- Removes/installs hockey glass and team benches in the FieldHouse hockey configuration to prepare for basketball or hockey games.
- Drives the Zamboni (ice resurfacing machine) to resurface the ice sheet in preparation of hockey games and other ice related events.
- Removes portable seats in preparation of televised basketball games, hockey games or traveling entertainment events.
- Shovels snow around the perimeter of the FieldHouse and related public areas.
- Sets up tables and chairs in the FieldHouse banquet rooms in preparation of meeting functions.
- Drives portable power scrubbing machine to clean concrete areas within the facility.
- Sets up chairs, portable staging and risers in preparation of concerts or other special events.
- Assist Housekeeping staff with wiping down chairs, trash removal, mopping and other daily duties on multiple show days or when needed.
- Assist at other facilities when necessary, including the Cleveland Clinic Courts and any other facilities under the family of companies.
- Set-up and take down of the Court Club trussing as well as tables and chairs in this area.
- Run errands outside of the building including pick-ups and/or drop-offs using company vehicles.
- Ensure all company vehicles are clean and gassed up on a weekly and/or daily basis.
- Ability to drive a truck with a trailer attached to it.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by team leader.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- One to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must meet company’s general requirements and, in addition, must:
- Have a valid, Ohio driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Be (or be willing to become) a member of I.A.T.S.E. Local B27.
- Be reliable, dependable and punctual.
- Be able to lift 80-120 pounds on a regular basis and be mechanically inclined.
- Be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be able to communicate, understand and follow verbal directions.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule and work extra hours as necessary.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and advisors, any individual working onsite in our offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.