Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
Under direction the Benefits and Wellness Director, performs a variety of professional, technical and analytical activities in support of Cavaliers Holdings, LLC’s benefit programs. Performs basic plan administration and interprets policies for Team Members on a regular basis. Assists People & Culture (HR) team to plan Team Member engagement events throughout the year and takes lead on Team Member social committee. Access to confidential and sensitive information daily.
- Assists in the administration of the company benefit programs including health, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, Life/LTD plans and company 401(k). Acts as a liaison to carriers and insurance broker; troubleshoots claims and coverage problems for Team Members.
- Works with carriers and insurance broker to prepare and develop hard copy and virtual education materials for Team Members to address benefit changes or compliance issues, and updates benefit guide and benefits website as necessary.
- Meets with new benefit eligible Team Members to review benefit offerings. Processes new Team Member enrollments, changes and departing Team Member benefit terminations.
- Updates UKG/HRIS with Team Member deduction information for new enrollees and discontinuance of coverage and performs monthly audits of changes.
- Completes monthly insurance billing including breakdown of all departments’ benefit costs based on Team Member participation, reconciles invoices, and requests checks in timely manner.
- Assists with the annual Open Enrollment process including the development of Open Enrollment materials and monitoring the enrollment process schedule to ensure timely and accurate OE completion.
- Manages Leaves of Absence for all Team Members, maintains FMLA compliance with documentation, and assures restricted duty forms are completed. Works with Team Leaders on updates for Team Members on leaves and returning to work with restrictions.
- Leads Fun Bunch (social committee) to plan Team Member events, including but not limited to Family Day, Holiday Party, and annual United Way campaign.
- Leads self-insured workers’ compensation process by logging Team Member incidents, sending incident acknowledgement letters, and working with TPA on claim management. Responsible for updating OSHA log and posting OSHA 300a.
- Handles Team Member acknowledgements including birth of a child, weddings, and bereavement and works with Team Member to update beneficiary forms and benefit plans as necessary.
- Maintains and updates Team Member parking list and works with parking garage on issues, parking passes, and billing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resource Management or related field.
- 2-3 years of Human Resources benefits administration, or similar experience.
- PHR, SHRM-CP or CEBS certification is a plus.
- Working knowledge of basic principles and practices of HR administration, with special emphasis on state and federal regulations which effect benefits (e.g., COBRA, ACA, FMLA, ERISA).
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint at a minimum. Experience with HRIS databases is preferred (UKG experience is a plus).
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Works with high levels of positivity, enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Driven towards high quality results; pays attention to details.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and advisors, any individual working onsite in our offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.